Thread: Drumming Will Change Significantly

User Info Menu

Default Drumming Will Change Significantly

Cool article by Drum Bum on developing technology called proprioceptive interaction that uses AI to manipulate our muscle memory to play drums.

bionic-drumming-drumset.jpg
    https://store.drumbum.com/drumming-w...significantly/

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drumming Will Change Significantly

I have now seen it all. The absolute epitome of all things dumb.

Find someone for me with 1 of those "A.I" things and strap 1 to his a$$ with a distance meter on it to see exactly how far I kick it.

I'll be in an urn somewhere laughing my a$$ off when Robbie the Robot shows up to play a gig.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I have now seen it all. The absolute epitome of all things dumb.

Find someone for me with 1 of those "A.I" things and strap 1 to his a$$ with a distance meter on it to see exactly how far I kick it.

I'll be in an urn somewhere laughing my a$$ off when Robbie the Robot shows up to play a gig.
    Don't go. It should be fun.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I believe the robot showing up to the gig, etc. was intended to be all in fun Rick. The article struck me as being more about how artificial intelligence is changing the landscape in all industries. It should be interesting to look back in 20 years. It will be like us looking back at land lines now that we have interactive mini computer phones in our hands.

User Info Menu

"I believe the robot showing up to the gig, etc. was intended to be all in fun Rick"

Tom believe me, I knew that.

I do wonder where all of this electronic wizardry is going to take us. Having grown up in the '50's & '60's when the phone was attached to a plug in the wall. You could have any color you wanted as long as it was black. Rotary dial, no caller ID, no re-dial, no robocalls, and last, but certainly not least, no automated answering machines which has completely killed the idea of a "fast call to my bank".

Television!!! Our remote control consisted of my mother or father saying "Rick, get up and put the TV on channel 11".

Computers!!! Back in the day, my computer consisted of an abacus, a #2 pencil, and a yellow legal pad.

Drums!!! Again, back in the day, all the drum sounds, from Sandy Nelson's deep drum sound of "Let There Be Drums" to Cozy Coles bouncy sound in "Topsy", and all the different sounds in between, were made with basically 1 head type.

Finally!!! C'mon guys, bring back the "HOT GIRLS" thread. I don't think that anybody's mental health has been ruined because of some girls in bikinis. All that's left is waiting for the next installment of "Zack Builds Something" or the ongoing drama of "Is Bish Going To Buy Or Sell Another Set Of Drums?".

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

maybe Rick can be the first bionic drummer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    maybe Rick can be the first bionic drummer

Something for me to ponder.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS