Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frosty

User Info Menu

Default Frosty

untitled (2).jpg My Frosty died tonight at about 2:00AM. I knew her time was running out with an enlarged heart and kidney problems. In the last 7-8 months she lost 1/3 of her body weight and was weak.

She was sleeping behind my chair by the computer. I heard a sound, turned around, picked her up, and she was gone.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Default Re: Frosty

I am very sorry to hear this Rick. They give so much to us and ask so little. I am very sorry for your loss.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

I'm honestly at work and I'm glad no one is in the office yet cause I'm crying.
    I'm honestly the biggest softy to all pets.
    I'm so sorry for your loss Rick... loosing a pet is truly loosing a family member.
    They may only be with us for a short time but to them it's a lifetime. . .

User Info Menu

Very sorry to hear about this. Losing a beloved pet is one of the toughest things one has to endure.

User Info Menu

Oh Rick, that's so sad. We're with you right now brother. Sorry you're having to go through this.

User Info Menu

So sorry to hear this, Rick. Been through that several times and it's never easy.

Acoustic Kits:
    Ludwig Maple 3ply White Cortex 4 pc
    Rukus Mod Orange Club 4 pc
    DW Design 6 pc
    Tama Silverstar Limited Edition Mirage 5 pc
    Tama Superstar 5 pc
    Tama Rockstar 4 pc
    Gretsch Catalina Ash 4 pc

Slingerland 7 pc

Electronic Kits:
    Yamaha DTX532k
    Roland TD-27, Roland PD-85 (x4), PD-125, KD9, CY-8 (x2) VH-10, Lemon 15 and 18 cymbals
    Roland SPD-SX Sample Pad

Snares:
    Tama SLP Black Brass
    Tama SLP G Maple
    Rukus Santos/Bubinga/Poplar/Wenge
    Rukus Avodire/Maple/Mahogany
    1972 Ludwig Supraphonic

Hardware:
    Tama, DW, Yamaha and Sonor

Cymbals:
    Zildjian A Series, A Custom and K Custom

Microphones:
    Miktek, Audix and Shure

User Info Menu

So sorry rick it is never easy thats for sure. Just went thru it again 6 months ago and still hurts from time to time.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I'm so sorry Rick. You gave her a wonderful life and you we're lucky to have each other.

User Info Menu

So sorry for your loss Rick. I know you and Frosty were tight and could probably read each other's minds.

User Info Menu

I am so sorry my friend. I know how much your puppy meant to you
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

So sorry for your loss!

User Info Menu

Rick, my friend. I'm so saddened by this news I can barely see to type.
    I'm crying like a baby. I dreaded this day as like Zack said, I'm a pushover for pets.
    Frosty was so cute and adorable.
    I'm going to go sit quietly for a while and just wish you well.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear the news Rick... She will always be with you.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

So sorry foryour loss. Pets leave us far too soon.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear of her passing, brother. If only more people were capable of the unconditional love and devotion that dogs are. The world would be a better place.

It’s NEVER easy losing a pet, even when you know it’s coming. Some are harder to take than others, but none are easy....I’ve lost 5 dogs and several cats in the last few years. The only consolation is when you can look back and appreciate how much they truly enriched your life.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Oh wow, we hate to see threads like this one.
    Very sorry to hear your bad news, Rick.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I am so sorry to hear this Rick because I know you adored Frosty!!! Take care my friend!
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

Just checking in. Hope you are still with us, Rick.

I'd call but I'm not sure I could muster 10 words without breaking down.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Hi Rick, just dropped in to offer my condolences for the loss of Frosty. I got to know her from your posting over the years here on DC. I am not around anymore I do come in and read some posts. Hope everything is fine with you man as I have not seen a post from you since Frosty left you. I know the feeling of losing your pet as they are part of your family. My Jazz who just turned 10 is doing very well for a German Shepherd. She does have some hip issues but not severe enough to cripple her,. She still runs her 2 miles a day. Take care man will visit here again and hope you are posting again.
    Your friend
    Gilles

User Info Menu

IMG_20200109_0001.jpg IMG_20200112_0001.jpg

1st, I want to thank everyone who responded to this. I knew Frosty was dying but I was thinking that I had another 6 months and maybe even a year if she went on dialysis. She was at the vet Monday afternoon so the last thing I would have expected was that she would die that night, 6 days before her 13th birthday.

I am going to get another dog, not to replace Frosty which cannot be done, but for the emptiness that exists in my house. I'm going to get a dog that nobody else wants and I might have found 1 already. The dog is about 6-7 years old, deaf and with bad vision from being beaten then left on the side of a road in a cage with the door open. I'll know next week what is going to happen.

The other picture is my 1st dog and my sister's 1st dog. Mike and Ike. When that picture was taken, Truman was the President.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 04-04-2020 at 04:41 AM.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Like, like, like!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post

I am going to get another dog, not to replace Frosty which cannot be done, but for the emptiness that exists in my house. I going to get a dog that nobody else wants and I might have found 1 already. The dog is about 6-7 years old, deaf and with bad vision from being beaten then left on the side of a road in a cage with the door open. I'll know next week what is going to happen.
    Love this!

User Info Menu

I am so sorry to hear this. You are in my thoughts, I know how tough this is.
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer5359 View Post
    I am so sorry to hear this. You are in my thoughts, I know how tough this is.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the thought.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Just showed the wife your video. She enjoyed it.
    Signature here