Thread: Best rock drummer Snare drum technique ?

User Info Menu

Default Best rock drummer Snare drum technique ?

What rock drummer has the best snare drum technique? I have to go with Ian Paice. He is absolutely incredible.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Best rock drummer Snare drum technique ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexer View Post
    What rock drummer has the best snare drum technique? I have to go with Ian Paice. He is absolutely incredible.
    that's a hard one.. there's so many i like for one thing or another.. Ian is definitely up there
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

As far as rock drummers go, one of my personal favorites is Pat Torpey, may he rest in peace. When he was in his prime he had monster technique and chops but used them tastefully ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    As far as rock drummers go, one of my personal favorites is Pat Torpey, may he rest in peace. When he was in his prime he had monster technique and chops but used them tastefully ...
    Pat was great.. will always remember his solo i watched him do in Mr Big where he sang the Beatles' Yesterday while playing double bass.. ..
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Its funny, whenever i hear a drum solo by a rock artist, the first thing i do is listen to what he does on the snare drum. Thats probably a bit unfair since most concert go’ers care about the loud thumping of the toms and kick drum and the drummer is playing for entertainment not other drummers. Still, i do like when a rock drummer incorporates some cool snare work in his solo. Bonham did it a lot as well as Neil Peart.