Thread: Kobe Bryant Dies in a Helicopter Crash

User Info Menu

Default Kobe Bryant Dies in a Helicopter Crash

Damn! ... And only 41 years old. Leaving behind 4 beautiful children and wife. So sad. RIP Kobe Bryant

User Info Menu

Default Re: Kobe Bryant Dies in a Helicopter Crash

I just learned his daughter perished also. Just terrible.

User Info Menu

So weird the timing. We were watching LeBron go ahead of him on the points list the night before then this. RIP to all that were lost
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

very tragic for his family and the others who lost their life

User Info Menu

Tragic. Too bad we live in a world of taking everything to extremes however. Great basketball player? Of course. Hero? You lose me there. Changing the NBA logo? Lose me again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Tragic. Too bad we live in a world of taking everything to extremes however. Great basketball player? Of course. Hero? You lose me there. Changing the NBA logo? Lose me again.
    I get what you're saying. I think they use hero because of how he inspired so many young kids. The definition is "a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities." Outstanding achievements is a no-brainer. Courage applies too. The definition of courage is 1.) the ability to do something that frightens one. 2.) strength in the face of pain or grief. (I'm a geek when it comes to exact word definition). I believe both apply, especially #2 as he was known for pulling through adversity.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/4591952002/

My thoughts on the NBA logo change request: At first glance, it seems a bit extreme. But I think it's being suggested because of the horrific way he died and of course so young still. I believe this is an attempt of fans to do something (anything) that might help them deal with the grief. It seems tangible. A small token of their adornment and in trying to honor him in a more significant way.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    I agree 100% but that's the world we live in today.. Everyone trying to make up for past atrocities that most people alive today had nothing to do with. I do not watch the NBA anymore anyway after M.J., Magic, Doctor J., Bird left. The game has become unwatchable for me or maybe I am just becoming a curmudgeon...LOL
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Kobe's passing, as said before, was definitely sudden. Nobody expected him to go before, well, most of us. And even worse, his daughter was with him.
    I feel like the NBA is doing something good, though.

Kobe Bryant and Lebron James are the two biggest influencers of basketball players of this coming generation. Jordan and Magic as well, but I don't remember every kid of every race balling up their homework and yelling "MJ!" as they more than likely miss the shot into the garbage can (I know Jordan was famous for his dunks).

It might seem odd to say this, but Kobe Bryant was about as influential to basketball, as Neil Peart was for us. I think the temporary logo change is a good idea.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."