Thread: PDP 20th Anniversary Kit

User Info Menu

Default PDP 20th Anniversary Kit

I was done buying drums until I saw this, available only this year. I'm getting one this summer. I hope they have add on's for it would love to add 8" and 16" toms.

Info:
    Drum Workshop Inc. (DW) celebrate the 20th anniversary of the PDP brand with the launch of the limited edition 20th Anniversary Kit and Snare.

The stunning PDP 20th Anniversary Kit is constructed using 7-ply European maple shells and comes in sizes 8”x10”, 9”x12”, 14”x16” floor and 18”x22” kick. It is fitted with Suspension Tom Mounts.

Complementing the kit is the new PDP 20th Anniversary Snare drum. Its 10-ply European maple shell measure 6.5”x14” and is fitted with DW Mag™ Throw-offs.

These stunning drums are finished in matte black with a gloss black stripe and antique bronze hardware and feature True-Pitch® Tension Rods and Remo USA® Drumheads.

PDLT221420TH_Right_Facing by Joe D, on Flickr
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 01-30-2020 at 05:17 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: PDP 20th Anniversary Kit

not to burst your bubble but they said they will NOT be making any other additional sizes for it. It is stuck in that configuration forever.

I think the antique bronze finished hardware is so sexy and elegant on that black on black finish!
    It's a beautiful kit and I bet the European Maple sounds amazing.

I do wish though they would have also done something one off special for it like a one off hardware or 12mm rods like the DW vs 10.5mm you know?
    Something subtle but one off you can't get on anything else other than just changing the color.
    Last edited by SpazApproved; 01-30-2020 at 07:04 AM.

User Info Menu

That is beautiful and I am interested as well. The guys at DCP told me this is it though.. They are not making any add ons for it.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Even without the add on's I still want one. If they are not to expensive I may get two.

User Info Menu

On the bright side it comes with a 16" tom. You would have been looking to add a 12" X 14".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    Even without the add on's I still want one. If they are not to expensive I may get two.
    hahaha now you sound like me!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by noreastbob View Post
    On the bright side it comes with a 16" tom. You would have been looking to add a 12" X 14".
    Yes I misread it. Thought it came with a 14"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    Yes I misread it. Thought it came with a 14"
    That's why it drives me nuts that some places place the depth first then the width and some the width then depth.

I think it should always be width first because to most that is the more important factor. I don't say I have a 7" snare with a 13" width. I always says it's a 13" snare with a 7" depth. That way when you're also quickly reading these post you see it's an 10, 12, 16 tom setup vs quickly glancing and seeing 8, 9, 14

User Info Menu

I'm interested in the new cast metal snares pdp put out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    That's why it drives me nuts that some places place the depth first then the width and some the width then depth.

I think it should always be width first because to most that is the more important factor. I don't say I have a 7" snare with a 13" width. I always says it's a 13" snare with a 7" depth. That way when you're also quickly reading these post you see it's an 10, 12, 16 tom setup vs quickly glancing and seeing 8, 9, 14
    I totally agree. What makes it worse is when you are buying drum bags or cases.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Have always gone via - 22x18, 10x8, 12x9, 16x14 etc. To me, is the natural way to do it. Listing the depth first drives me mad.
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

I think it should always be width first because to most that is the more important factor.
    Hey Spaz.........I have a vintage 14-inch bass drum.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Hey Spaz.........I have a vintage 14-inch bass drum.
    Careful Rick, Zack will try to add it to his " I think it's a big snare drum but not sure" collection.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Diameter first for all drums here except snare for some reason .. always described it the other way.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Yeah for some reason they always do it depth x diameter. Long as I can figure it out, I’m ok...lol.