Thread: Zildjian ZBT pro, pre-pack.

User Info Menu

Default Zildjian ZBT pro, pre-pack.

Im a Paiste guy. Always have been, always will be. Unless some nice cymbal company decides they want to give me large quantities of FREE cymbals.... I will always play Paiste.

However... My band is rock/hard rock... and we have a pretty heavy rehersal schedule. We practice 3-4 days a week, and 3-5 hours straight a night.
    This takes a toll on gear. I mean it REALLY takes a toll on gear. We play very loud. I wish we could get the guitar player to turn down... but he says that ruins his tone. Whatever.

So.... I have a friend who has the "hook up" on the Zildjian ZBT pro pre-package cymbal set. So, I bought one to use at rehersal...so I dont have to beat the poop out of my Paistes.
    At the price Im getting them for... I could buy 3 sets for every ONE Paiste crash I would break.

The pre-pack came with:
    14" hi-hats. Nice sound.
    20" Ride. A little bit more wash than I like...but still nice.
    16" Crash. Small, but it sounds pretty good.
    18" China. Yuck.

Im actually impressed with the sound of these cymbals, for the cost.
    I dont want to sould like a tool... but I have not played entry level cymbals in 25 years. The last ones I played were when I was a kid and bought some Paiste 404s.
    These sound pretty darn good, and they are pretty heavy.
    Im not going to say what I paid for them... but I saw that the price at GC was $199.00
    For that price, this is a great deal.

I will say that I think the china sounds like crap... but the rest sound very decent.

If you are in the market for an entry level cymbal set... these would be a good choice in my book.

Matt
    Matt G.
    Hitting my drums, like they owe me money!
    My Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/fatdog1969
    Vegas Drummers: http://www.myspace.com/vegasdrummers
    I Proudly Play:
    PAISTE
    SONOR
    EVANS
    SILVERFOX
    SNAREHORSE

User Info Menu

I have got a set of ZBT and I found that for the price they do the job nicely. The quality of entry grade cymbals have come along way in the last 25 years, from what I was told when originally shopping for cymbals. Just like the 502's I have, they also sound very nice considering they are entry grade
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Yep,

I use ZBT's with my practice kit and they sound good for the price. All in all not a bad deal.
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums

User Info Menu

Lol! I have to agree about the china. I'd say it sounds like a beat up cookie cheet, but that would be an insult to beat up coolie sheets.

User Info Menu

Nice review, man. I like how it isn't bias toward Paiste (even if they are dominant lol). They have ZBT's set up on the school jazz set, I don't think they're all that bad.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I think I still prefer sabian B8's though...
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

new zbt are cheep old zbt was better

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

ive got a couple zbt's now, not bad. i also had 404's back in the day.

User Info Menu

i'll give you that one. zbt is FAR better than the schimitars that i started out with in the 80s. i got a free pro pack when i bought my kit a few years ago. they now reside on student/practice kit.

User Info Menu

Cool

All Cymbals Serve A Purpose For The Right "someone's" Ears.....thank God For All The Choices...beauty Is In The Ear Of The Beholder
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!