Thread: Anyone have a go to lick ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Anyone have a go to lick ?

Just wondering. Whenever you guys test out a new kit, a friends kit, or just hop on anyone elses, do you guys have a few basic “ go to “ licks you always seem to do?
    The reason i ask, using someone elses drum kit is always a bit awkward and i notice some guys do simple but cool sounding licks when they are on another kit. Example, i was at a birthday party and there was a band playing. During a break one of the guests was talking with the drummer and gets on the kit and plays a few easy/ basic licks that sounded kind of cool. After talking with the guy, he said its very hard for him to really play on someone elses kit unless he is just playing a song or something basic. I have seen him play before and he seems very good. He seems to play very easy beats that impress regular people when not on his own set. If i could play fool in the rain very cleany that would be my go to lick. Because every bass drum is tuned a little tighter or looser, its somewhat difficlut to get in those kicks on the bass drum. Not to mention using someone elses bass drum pedal which could be very difficult.
    Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Lexer; 02-02-2020 at 02:09 PM.