Thread: remember straight life by freddie hubbard ? here it is done ilu and mangue beat

User Info Menu

Default remember straight life by freddie hubbard ? here it is done ilu and mangue beat

well here is my newly recorded version of straight life by freddie hubbard.

while i try to retain some of jack dejonettes wild kit play and rolls into crashes, im combining the ketu candomble beat "ilu" , with a mangue snare click and snare , meaning "mangue beat " from recife brazil , where the group chico science innovated folkloric rhythms of recife and pernambuco, with modern pop and funk styles.

jordi amorim is on guitar and arturo carneiro on bass ,are from salvador bahia where we recorded with pablo pires at his studio 12/8

User Info Menu

Default Re: remember straight life by freddie hubbard ? here it is done ilu and mangue beat

I love this! Great drumming and overall musicianship.

User Info Menu

Default Re: remember straight life by freddie hubbard ? here it is done ilu and mangue beat

thanks
    while im here,i wanted to show a recent clip i did with samba master guitar player , rogerio piva , playing one of his original songs , "quick samba"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-XAzT6Ei9k

ive been seriously into samba most of my life but in brazil i have pushed my self as far as i can to express as pure a rio samba as i could get. every beat has purpose and history , and i can say im proud of where i am at with my samba now. and i need an expert player to bring out my best samba. tie pereira on bass and jack joao on pandeiro