Drum Domains
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Waffling....

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Default Waffling....

    For the past 6 months or the duration of time that the new project has been festering, I had been debating between E or A drum sets.

    The new band goes all in ear with no stage equipment other than the PA and their guitar effects pedals. So I thought E drums might keep the concept.

    However, after 3 months of working with an E kit I decided to switch up for the A kit.

    How can you not love this?

    Signature here

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Waffling....










    This is the full band set up. The only change would be E or A kit.


    Signature here

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Waffling....

    god that kit is sooooooo gorgeous!!!!!!

    Unless I dropped 10k on an E kit I couldn't play one. It would have to be THE TOP OF THE LINE and be one of those full kit E kits.
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor |5pc PDP Concept Maple Classic | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 65 Snare drums and growing!

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Waffling....

    Awesome kit!

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Waffling....

    Bish, with what your doing on stage could you maybe use less of a drum kit ( toms ) and use a EAD10?

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Waffling....

    I bought and played a top-of-the-line Ekit at the peak of their popularity............'88 thru '98.
    I just can't go back there.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)


  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Waffling....

    Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Bish, with what your doing on stage could you maybe use less of a drum kit ( toms ) and use a EAD10?
    I haven't turned down that alley yet. Hmmm......
    Signature here

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Waffling....

    Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    god that kit is sooooooo gorgeous!!!!!!

    Unless I dropped 10k on an E kit I couldn't play one. It would have to be THE TOP OF THE LINE and be one of those full kit E kits.
    Thanks!

    However, I believe you can play anything.
    Signature here

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Waffling....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    I bought and played a top-of-the-line Ekit at the peak of their popularity............'88 thru '98.
    I just can't go back there.
    Back then was fairly primitive compared to today. Mesh head kits are alright. You just can't deliver power.
    Signature here

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Waffling....

    Those Yamahas are stunning Bish!
    -Mike


    "We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

    "I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

    "Snare drums happen."

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Waffling....

    Quote Originally Posted by drummer5359 View Post
    Those Yamahas are stunning Bish!
    Thank you, Mike!
    Signature here

  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Waffling....

    Seriously beautiful set of Yamaha's there Bish. I have yet to see an E kit that made me drool like those Yammies do!
    Yamaha Stage Custom 22x16, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16 Cranberry Red 14x5 Ludwig Acrolite (1976)
    Zildjian A Custom Hats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17"
    Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

    Pearl Masters Studio Birch MBX 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16 White Mist 14x6.5 Masters Studio Birch Snare
    Zildjian 14" New Beats, Sabian 22" AA Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash
    Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Waffling....

    Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglishD View Post
    Seriously beautiful set of Yamaha's there Bish. I have yet to see an E kit that made me drool like those Yammies do!
    Thank you!

    I offered them up for sale but haven't had much interest. You can tell I'm worried. lol
    Signature here

  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Waffling....

    Good call. I am not a fan of ekits for anything other than practicing and even then they're the last choice. Never live on stage.

  15. #15

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Waffling....

    I would play on a chair with 2 spoons before I would play an e-kit.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 03-15-2020 at 09:07 PM.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

    YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

    VAE VICTIS

    ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

    I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

  16. #16

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Waffling....

    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I would play on a chair with 2 spoons before I would play a e-kit.
    Well crap. I was going to send you this one. Oh, well.
    Signature here

  17. #17

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Waffling....

    Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Back then was fairly primitive compared to today. Mesh head kits are alright. You just can't deliver power.

    It was a hybrid kit:
    The acoustic snare and cymbals were heard thru good microphones.
    The toms and basses were the top-shelf Yammy triggers available at that time.
    We had a monster PA -- the basses ran thru a dedicated Peavy 800, crossovers were set at 200 -- the toms thru a mono 300.
    Power ? I could knock you down.........if I needed dynamics, I used the snare.
    Fun while it lasted...........
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)


  18. #18

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Waffling....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    It was a hybrid kit:
    The acoustic snare and cymbals were heard thru good microphones.
    The toms and basses were the top-shelf Yammy triggers available at that time.
    We had a monster PA -- the basses ran thru a dedicated Peavy 800, crossovers were set at 200 -- the toms thru a mono 300.
    Power ? I could knock you down.........if I needed dynamics, I used the snare.
    Fun while it lasted...........
    I stand corrected.
    Signature here

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •