Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coronavirus and Musicians

User Info Menu

Default Re: Coronavirus and Musicians

I'm ready for this to be done because my wife is seriously loosing her mind and I'll be honest... going home and dealing with her is becoming a struggle... she's working from home while trying to watch our two little girls and it's really getting to her which I fully understand. It's taking a mental beating on her.
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor |5pc PDP Concept Maple Classic | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 65 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

We couldn’t take it anymore. We held a band practice last Sunday...we’ll, more of a jam session, and it was such a HUGE stress relief.
    In “social distancing” spirit, we held it outside on my brother’s front porch. It was all unplugged acoustic and I played my Cajon. Just a bunch of guys kicking back (6’ apart of course), drinking beer, picking guitars and blowing off steam. That said, we worked up 5-10 new songs as well.

I can’t wait to do it again next weekend!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

How's the scene where you all live? Over here there is one place that eased restrictions and had a duo play their stage.. But have yet to see full bands 45 min or more sets being played.. starting to wonder if things will ever come back. Sucks really bad to say the least
    RED DIRT MOUNTAIN
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian REGAL TiP

User Info Menu

If this would have happened when I was married, I would have wanted ôsocial distancing" of not less than 10 miles from my wife.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    How's the scene where you all live? Over here there is one place that eased restrictions and had a duo play their stage.. But have yet to see full bands 45 min or more sets being played.. starting to wonder if things will ever come back. Sucks really bad to say the least
    Band around my area are slowly getting gigs but not many. Most of them are outside. I'm starting to see ads for them at other bars but I'm not sure if they're inside or out. I don't know how they're going to do this and still keep everyone safe.
    - Tom

Everyone loves FREE... like this free drum forum. But like your car and even your drums, they require upkeep and maintenance and that requires money.

Will you consider Shopping at Drum Bum to help support this forum?

Or make a donation here.

I know from working with Drum Bum through the years, that this forum is costly to run. It requires server fees, hosting, ongoing moderation, advertising, software upgrades, security certificates and IT work when it breaks. All in addition to the expenses that come from running a business. These costs are offset (hopefully) by members that click through to Drum Bum to make a purchase now and then, if not make a contribution to help keep it running.

On behalf of Drum Bum, thank you for your consideration.