Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coronavirus and Musicians

User Info Menu

Default Re: Coronavirus and Musicians

I'm ready for this to be done because my wife is seriously loosing her mind and I'll be honest... going home and dealing with her is becoming a struggle... she's working from home while trying to watch our two little girls and it's really getting to her which I fully understand. It's taking a mental beating on her.

User Info Menu

We couldn’t take it anymore. We held a band practice last Sunday...we’ll, more of a jam session, and it was such a HUGE stress relief.
    In “social distancing” spirit, we held it outside on my brother’s front porch. It was all unplugged acoustic and I played my Cajon. Just a bunch of guys kicking back (6’ apart of course), drinking beer, picking guitars and blowing off steam. That said, we worked up 5-10 new songs as well.

I can’t wait to do it again next weekend!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

How's the scene where you all live? Over here there is one place that eased restrictions and had a duo play their stage.. But have yet to see full bands 45 min or more sets being played.. starting to wonder if things will ever come back. Sucks really bad to say the least
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

If this would have happened when I was married, I would have wanted “social distancing" of not less than 10 miles from my wife.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    How's the scene where you all live? Over here there is one place that eased restrictions and had a duo play their stage.. But have yet to see full bands 45 min or more sets being played.. starting to wonder if things will ever come back. Sucks really bad to say the least
    Bands around my area are slowly getting gigs but not many. Most of them are outside. I'm starting to see ads for them at other bars but I'm not sure if they're inside or out. I don't know how they're going to do this and still keep everyone safe.

User Info Menu

Things starting to open up here. Most gigs are outside, but, inside shows are starting to happen. Not sure how that works financially for the venues since capacity is still capped at 75% or 100 people and a lot of folks still aren't comfortable with going out.

User Info Menu

I’m just looking at all of the COVID requirements for gigging bands and venues, and all I can think of is..

67524C5E-6DCF-4875-93FC-AC89DF80C9A1.jpg
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

So here we are a new year ... but this $hit virus is only spiking everywhere around us granted the vaccines are out. I checked on a couple of clubs where we use to play a lot... one took it's stage down and put tables n chairs in it's place and the other has no mention of entertainment on their website or fb page.

[Comment removed. Hot button issue. - Admin ] Anyway hope everybody has a better year
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Down here in FL the music scene is alive and well.