Thread: UFIP for Rock and Metal?

User Info Menu

Default UFIP for Rock and Metal?

Hi all , I'm after some advice on UFIP cymbals that suit rock and metal.
    In my vast collection of cymbals I have a 22" Bionic ride that sounds amazing. I like big crashes 19" and above and have listened to sound files of the bionic crashes. They sound a bit to thick for my liking, I prefer cymbals that wash a bit more like 2002 or A customs.
    Does anyone know what other series of UFIP would be a bit more like 2002 mediums or A customs weight wise. The bionics might be similar but the sound files make them sound heavier.

Before someone says try them out, unfortunately I dont live anywhere near a ufip supplier.

Hopefully there are some UFIP users on here. 😀

User Info Menu

Default Re: UFIP for Rock and Metal?

I can't answer your question.. but many many years ago I own a UFP China (only UFIP I've ever owned) and it was the best sounding china ever. Was so sad when I broke it playing metal... but man it was awesome.

User Info Menu

Never owned any cymbals other than the "big 3" as they say.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

You can Google UFIP wiki and read the types they manufacture with an explanation of genres. The bionic series seems the best for rock and metal unless you go with the Tiger series which are B8.

User Info Menu

you might want to try the Class Series. I recorded with a 21" ride and it sounded incredible. Not as raw as the Bionics. Ironically when it was recorded, it was for metal. That was my first UFiP i got around 96 from Waldo the Squid at DRUM! mag. Started getting more over the years since. A couple of Tiger Series crashes 18" and 20" and currently on my set now i have 2 Bionic crashes 17", 19" and 14" Bionic hats. Also have a 20" Bionic ride that i'm going to start using for the next project if it ever gets going.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN