Thread: Danny Seraphine

User Info Menu

Default Danny Seraphine

Danny Seraphine is best known for his drumming with Chicago. His influence were Buddy Rich, Tony Williams, Elvin Jones, Grady Tate, and others. Danny was the driving force behind Chicago (along with Terry Kath - guitar and Peter Cetera - Bass.

After Cream emerged and stunned to world with their long jams most of the great bands usually had one or two songs in their song list with a jam. This is Chicago's "Liberation" with Terry Kath on guitar.

Last edited by aboveforever; 05-09-2020 at 08:21 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Danny Seraphine

User Info Menu

He was one of the drummers that had a big influence upon my playing.
    I listen to my band recordings and the joke Buddy Rich used to make about Carl Palmer came to mind, what he doesn't steal he plays quite well.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

Geez, Buddy Rich could be such a jerk at times.

User Info Menu

Danny was 1 of the few that Buddy liked.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS