Thread: Crazy Places You've Practiced Drums

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Crazy Places You've Practiced Drums

I used to play in parks and empty used car lots. This guy plays in the woods by the river.
    https://www.wbur.org/artery/2020/05/...g-in-the-woods

What are some of the places you've practiced drums that is a little out of the ordinary?

0429_drummer-02.jpg
    Photo Credit: Wake Forest News

User Info Menu

Default Re: Crazy Places You've Practiced Drums

Unfortunately, I’d have to say an empty bar. But at least it was a paid practice.

Empty used car lot?
    How does that come about?
    You just pull up, set up and start jamming?
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Unfortunately, I’d have to say an empty bar. But at least it was a paid practice.

Empty used car lot?
    How does that come about?
    You just pull up, set up and start jamming?
    Yup, nobody was there. It was a huge open lot near the highway (the place was up for sale). I just set up my drums and and had a field day. Or in this case, a 'lot' day. Technically, it's private property so I could've been ticketed or even arrested, lol. Probably wouldn't do it again.

User Info Menu

A guitarist, bass player and I set up in an abandoned warehouse. It sounded amazing! ...until police asked us to leave.

User Info Menu

I had a gig in a restaurant once and it had no place for the band. We moved a table out and stuffed ourselves (or the drums anyway) in the booth. It was a bass drum and snare only kinda night.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Under the bridge that was knocked over in Tom Cruise's "War of the Worlds". The opening sequences were shot between 1st and 2nd street on a street where we would play stick ball in the late '50's and early '60's.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Under the bridge that was knocked over in Tom Cruise's "War of the Worlds". The opening sequences were shot between 1st and 2nd street on a street where we would play stick ball in the late '50's and early '60's.
    Really? Man, how cool is that?!!