Thread: Concert toms

User Info Menu

Default Concert toms

Why are concert toms from the 1970s and 1980s in solid wood is really hard to find anywhere these days. But the fiberglass ones are still out there . I just don't really understand it for some reason

User Info Menu

Default Re: Concert toms

Consumerism is about supply and demand. There's probably just not that much demand for them.

By the way, I see you're new here. Feel free to introduce yourself if you'd like. Welcome to our drum family!

User Info Menu

They were all over eBay about 5 years ago. They weren’t that desirable, and I bought quite a few late 60s 3ply Ludwig concert toms for very little money. Guess I’m glad I did!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Ebay had a few on there at that time. But there are more fiberglass concert toms than the solid wood one's . But are fiberglass over wood , But not solid wood. Solid wood toms like that is really hard to get or find anywhere