Thread: Paiste Big Beats addition?

User Info Menu

Default Paiste Big Beats addition?

Hey all, newbie drummer here. I currently have an 18, 20 and 22 Big Beat with 15" hats. I'm looking for a new ride that'll give me a different sound, but will play nicely with my other cymbals. I'd like to stay with Paiste, but everything from Istanbul Agop sounds amazing. I realize it's not a lot of info to go on, but i'd love to hear any suggestions from Paiste people, especially if you've had some experience with Big Beats. I play everything from classic rock, Americana to stoner rock. I do love the defined stick sound of a dry, jazzy ride though. Any suggestions are appreciated.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Paiste Big Beats addition?

where are you located? Any good drum shops anywhere remotely close to you?
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor |5pc PDP Concept Maple Classic | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 65 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

I've never been a fan of Paiste cymbals. They just sound too tinty to me. Sorry I can't help but welcome to DrumChat and maybe some of the others can weigh in.
    - Tom

Everyone loves FREE... like this free drum forum. But like your car and even your drums, they require upkeep and maintenance and that requires money.

Will you consider Shopping at Drum Bum to help support this forum?

Or make a donation here.

I know from working with Drum Bum through the years, that this forum is costly to run. It requires server fees, hosting, ongoing moderation, advertising, software upgrades, security certificates and IT work when it breaks. All in addition to the expenses that come from running a business. These costs are offset (hopefully) by members that click through to Drum Bum to make a purchase now and then, if not make a contribution to help keep it running.

On behalf of Drum Bum, thank you for your consideration.

User Info Menu

I'm in Ottawa, so we have Dave's, which is fantastic. When things get back to normal i'll be able to walk in and try some things out, but i like to have an idea of some things to look for.