Thread: arthritis and carpal tunnel

User Info Menu

Default arthritis and carpal tunnel

I have any ideal on what section to post this in.

Arthritis and Carpal tunnel

Who has it playing drums or doing anything over the years of this . Not getting any better . Sometimes my wrist and shoulder hurts like crazy . Mostly at work when I am doing something for a long period of time. Standing in one spot . Had it since I was a little kid. Threw out Elem and High school and even now

User Info Menu

Default Re: arthritis and carpal tunnel

I probably have it in my right wrist. Not from drumming though. I'm a content writer among other things for several companies and it's come from years of typing. What do you think caused yours?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I probably have it in my right wrist. Not from drumming though. I'm a content writer among other things for several companies and it's come from years of typing. What do you think caused yours?

So many things come to mind.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Mine started when I was in high school . Working with your hands and arms a lot . Hands would really cramp up and shoulder's will hurt a lot . But mine really recur during the Old BMX days of racing and I started on the drums in a early age . When I practice my drums for a short period of time. My right arm and hand would hurt like crazy. I just can't play or practice for a long period of time like I used to anymore . I loose grip and feeling in my right arm and hand.

User Info Menu

Is it possible that you are holding the sticks to tight? Racing BMX gives 1 the tendency to hold the handlebars tight, might that carry over to the holding the drum sticks?
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS