Thread: New interesting project

User Info Menu

Default New interesting project

My bandmate asked me to start a new project with him. This one is going to be different than anything I've done before. First of all, the goal for my friend is to make money, so this is going to be a duo, maybe a trio occasionally(adding a female singer). We may use tracks, loopers, harmonizers, or whatever helps make a duo sound like a full band. We should be able to charge the same or less than most full bands and still make good money. Especially now, there are many more venues available for duos and trios. Eventually we'd like to get into doing cocktail hours, where the better money is. My friend and his wife have lots of connections in the wedding/party industry, so that should help. We are videoing practice form the start, so we'll have lots of marketing content, behind the scenes, B reel, outtakes.
    The cool thing for me is I'll be a front person, singing leads and playing an odd assortment of percussion, sample pad, acoustic snare, cajon, etc. My friend plays guitar, banjo, sax, keys, harmonica and more. The music will be a wide variety of pop/rock classics plus newer pop songs, some country, soul, reggae. This will be a challenge, but I'm looking forward to it.

Acoustic Kits:
    Ludwig Maple 3ply White Cortex 4 pc
    Rukus Mod Orange Club 4 pc
    DW Design 6 pc
    Tama Silverstar Limited Edition Mirage 5 pc
    Tama Superstar 5 pc
    Tama Rockstar 4 pc
    Gretsch Catalina Ash 4 pc

Slingerland 7 pc

Electronic Kits:
    Yamaha DTX532k
    Roland TD-27, Roland PD-85 (x4), PD-125, KD9, CY-8 (x2) VH-10, Lemon 15 and 18 cymbals
    Roland SPD-SX Sample Pad

Snares:
    Tama SLP Black Brass
    Tama SLP G Maple
    Rukus Santos/Bubinga/Poplar/Wenge
    Rukus Avodire/Maple/Mahogany
    1972 Ludwig Supraphonic

Hardware:
    Tama, DW, Yamaha and Sonor

Cymbals:
    Zildjian A Series, A Custom and K Custom

Microphones:
    Miktek, Audix and Shure

User Info Menu

Default Re: New interesting project

Should be fun. Enjoy and stash some cash.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I fear venue owners/bookers will be looking to save on their end too with a duo. Good luck though. Sounds like fun.

User Info Menu

We'll be waiting to see/hear the footage!