Thread: My Premier Resonator.

User Info Menu

Default My Premier Resonator.

Hi, A quick introduction from me. I stopped playing live in 2008 due to starting a family and not having the time/money/energy anymore to do it justice. Fast forward to 2020 and after bumping into an old guitarist mate of mine I went down to his rehearsal space for a jam,which somehow ended up with me putting a band together with him.
    Now, my old kit was packed away in 2008 into the van trailer and pretty much forgotten about,so now is the time to get it out of hibernation.......

User Info Menu

Default Re: My Premier Resonator.

I'd hoped to he able to share some pics but it looks like I'm not allowed to yet?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TUBTHUMPER View Post
    I'd hoped to he able to share some pics but it looks like I'm not allowed to yet?
    Welcome to Drum Chat.

To post pictures, use a web hosting site and post the links here. You can start today.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thanks. They're all on my phone and my Pbucket account doesn't support hosting anymore.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

The good news was that they had all survived their long storage but were definitely ready for a strip down and re-heading. I'd kept the cymbals and my favourite snare in the house during the lay off so I was confident they were ok,but will probably experiment with a different snare batter as I'm changing my life long alegance with Remo this time and have opted to use one of the Evans range.

User Info Menu

Welcome to DrumChat Tub! Glad to have you as part of our drum family. I look forward to those pics!

User Info Menu

Then this happened....

User Info Menu

Looking forward to seeing the Resonator
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

I'd love to show you but my profile says I cannot post attachments and I'm struggling to work out how to get my pics on here?

User Info Menu

I'd love to show you but my profile says I cannot post attachments and I'm struggling to work out how to get my pics on here?
    What I found works for me is to have a Gmail account. You will get free online storage with that. I just upload my pictures to Google Drive. Then I can download them to a PC and upload to a storage site like, Imgur. I think that is the one I'm currently using. Again, all free, just need to jump a few hoops and you are there!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

You can load directly from your phone to the forum. No hosting needed.
    First, touch the picture icon in the thread reply box.
    E31A1EF1-45B3-4257-90BE-328516B996FF.jpg
    Next, hit the Choose File button (You need to be on the From Computer tab) and then select Photo Library from your phone menu. Select the pic you want and then touch the Upload File.
    2F09AB69-1CCB-4352-8592-517B3E25FBC0.jpg
    1C642E7B-BA8D-4588-87E3-80D93949B144.jpg
    Then it will look like this
    0C6DAD76-5784-4E3D-8703-5280B52D9580.jpg

That’s using an iPhone. Others may be different, but with an iPhone it only takes 3-4 seconds to post a photo. Super easy!!!

That said, you must have a minimum number of posts under your belt (like 10 or 20 or something like that) before your profile will allow you to post pics. It’s a security thing.
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 06-29-2020 at 08:04 PM.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Thanks for the help but when I open up the insert image box it doesn't give me the option to select from my computer?

User Info Menu

Thanks for the help but when I open up the insert image box it doesn't give me the option to select from my computer?
    Just get your post count up a bit as N2Bluz mentioned.

User Info Menu

Am I close yet?

User Info Menu

I would have thought you would be able to post pics by now.
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevaruka View Post
    I would have thought you would be able to post pics by now.
    I'd have hoped so to.

User Info Menu

What color are they? If they are white, I think I've seen them.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Mine are black, and a bit of a mongrel set as the bd is a laquered black shadow and the toms are wrapped. I've never taken the tom wrap off so they could also be laquered?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TubThumper View Post
    Mine are black, and a bit of a mongrel set as the bd is a laquered black shadow and the toms are wrapped. I've never taken the tom wrap off so they could also be laquered?
    I ask because on another forum someone was asking about the inner liners and had shown pics of them.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I've left the liners in my toms but had to remove the one in the bass drum as I just couldn't get a sound I was happy with when it was in. Taking the liners out of a Resonator essentially turns them into the Projector series.

User Info Menu

Managed to pick up a used Premier cymbal stand this week. Double braced with a disappearing boom. It's in need of a good clean and polish but will fit in nicely with what I've currently got.
    I'd show you the pics,but I'm still on whatever the waiting list is to be able to do that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TubThumper View Post
    Managed to pick up a used Premier cymbal stand this week. Double braced with a disappearing boom. It's in need of a good clean and polish but will fit in nicely with what I've currently got.
    I'd show you the pics,but I'm still on whatever the waiting list is to be able to do that.
    43 posts should be more than enough to post pics??
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO