Thread: Help recording. I'm new to E-Drums.

User Info Menu

Default Help recording. I'm new to E-Drums.

Hi guys, I just purchased a Berhinger XD8USB to practice at home. I connected the module via USB to my computer, which recognizes it with no problem. The thing is that I can't get any sound recorded. I downloaded REAPER and AUDIACITY, and still can't get any sound in my computer.
    I've read about Virtual Drums Plugins and I've managed to get a response, but with a half a second lag, which is no good as you can imagine.
    Can anyone help me out here? Or if there is somebody using the same kit, can you please tell me how I can get a real time recording from the drum module?

Thanks in advance and keep rocking guys!!!

Regards to you all!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help recording. I'm new to E-Drums.

Quote Originally Posted by GCrown View Post
    Hi guys, I just purchased a Berhinger XD8USB to practice at home. I connected the module via USB to my computer, which recognizes it with no problem. The thing is that I can't get any sound recorded. I downloaded REAPER and AUDIACITY, and still can't get any sound in my computer.
    I've read about Virtual Drums Plugins and I've managed to get a response, but with a half a second lag, which is no good as you can imagine.
    Can anyone help me out here? Or if there is somebody using the same kit, can you please tell me how I can get a real time recording from the drum module?

Thanks in advance and keep rocking guys!!!

Regards to you all!!!
    Use an Audio Interface. Drums------->Audio Interface------->Computer (Via USB) easy setup and minimal lag if at all.