Thread: Sabian XS20 rock crash 18"

User Info Menu

Default Sabian XS20 rock crash 18"

Afternoon all. Anyone used one of these? Are they a good match with AAX stage crashes?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sabian XS20 rock crash 18"

Some XS20 crashes sound great, others not so much. If it is one of the good ones, it should go very well with the AAX crashes. Peace and goodwill.
    Last edited by Drumolator; 01-05-2021 at 10:56 AM.
    Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus; Mapex MPX snare, Mapex Black Panther Venom snare, Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms / Sabian AAX, SR2/ Evans / LA Backbeat

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reply. I've gone ahead and bought one but can't compare them with my AAX's yet as they are over at our rehearsal room.
    Hopefully we'll be allowed to rehearse again soon and then I'll report back whether I've made a wise choice( I may even be allowed to post pics by then too!)

User Info Menu

I have a LOT of the XS crashes! I absolutely love them. But I like the medium thins vs the rock crashes. The rock crashes are too heavy for my liking.

User Info Menu

I must admit that I would've preferred a medium/ thin but the rock crash turned up at a price I was happy to gamble on,so I went for it.
    I've been looking at the xs14" crash as an alternative to the 10" A I've got in the mix. Any thoughts on that one?

User Info Menu

I have a couple of 14" lying around. I never use them at gigs.. but I put them on for fun at home... too small for me. I personally don't like crashes smaller than 16". But I do like it a lot for quick clean accent hits that a splash is to weak for but a full size crash is too aggressive for.

User Info Menu

Cheers. I might get one just to see how it blends in with my others. Hopefully soon we'll be able to get back to playing and then I can find out if my new XS can live with my AAX's.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I have a couple of 14" lying around. I never use them at gigs.. but I put them on for fun at home... too small for me. I personally don't like crashes smaller than 16". But I do like it a lot for quick clean accent hits that a splash is to weak for but a full size crash is too aggressive for.
    The best small crash I've preferred has been the 15" Zildjian A Custom. Between that and the 17" those had hit my sweet spot of expectation and performance. Of course, I'd take the 16" and 18" as well but for fast, quick explosive crash/accent and then getting the heck out of the way, 15 and 17 for me.

I agree on 14" being too small for gigging. Plus, they lack a bit of loudness needed for stage but are perfect for home use and rehearsals.
    Signature here