Thread: When the universe speaks , I listen. Could it just be bad luck?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default When the universe speaks , I listen. Could it just be bad luck?

You know I think it may be time to sell off all my gear. If not for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. If you look at my past posts over the last few years the common theme has been me trying to spend more time playing my kit with the result being getting my chops back to where I feel they should be. Each time I start the process something happens to bring it to a screeching halt.

First is was severe joint pain and gout. A couple years ago it was a broken arm. This year I was making some decent progress and on May 8th a fall at work. Fell 10 feet on to a concrete floor hitting my head on some metal beams on the way down. I suffered a traumatic brain injury , a minor brain bleed , a major concussion , and two broken ribs. The opening in the top of my head required 15 staples , the one going from the top of my left eye up my forehead took a bunch of stitches.The Doctor says I'm lucky I walked away from it. I'm doing fine now but still have occasional dizziness. Can't play my kit at all because the head movement causes dizziness. Doc says it will pass with time. All recent brain scans look good.

Strange thing is I have no idea what happened. One minute I'm filling holes in a concrete wall standing on a metal extension plank , the next thing I know I'm in the hospital. I was told I walked out of the building I was working in with my head covered in blood. Someone sat me down and called 911. Don't remember the ambulance ride either. I was working on two extension planks stretched across metal beams , one behind the other. I was told after the fall one plank was up top and one was on the floor. something went wrong lol.

Doctor feels that because of the shock of the impact my brain won't let me remember the fall , like it's shutting me out of the memory. The first few weeks after the fall were not great. Slept in a chair for 4 weeks and was on pain meds for two weeks. They gave me enough for 4 weeks but I stopped taking them after two, I have a high pain threshold because of having gout so I didn't need to be popping oxy's for 4 weeks. the worst part was the ribs , holy crap don't sneeze!!!! Ouch!!!!

I'm back working now some days I do half a day others I do a full day , depends on how I feel. Actually feeling real good now just need for the occasional dizzy spells to go away. Well there's my latest update. hope to be playing again soon.... Hope you are all well and Covid free . Rock on.....
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 03-04-2021 at 04:08 AM.