Thread: okay got a question bout E kits

User Info Menu

Default okay got a question bout E kits

So, theres this electric kit for 800 bucks, its got 2 toms snare and bas drum, with the pedals, and its got a crash and ride (black rubber pads for the skin) for one, is this a good deal, or a rip off? secondly, On my acoustic set, I like to drum to music while im drumming, can I do this with the electric kit? if so how?

User Info Menu

It may actually be easier to play with music with your e-kit. Mine has an auxillary in port, that I plug my laptop, or mp3 player into, and it comes through the headphones along with the drums! Second, what kind of kit is it? If it's like mine then 800 would be twice what it's worth! Really, if you're going to put 800 on a kit, go the extra mile and get something more like this:

or this...

or even this...

These would be best for you!

I got one of these for 400...
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

an in port eh? sounds like exactly what I want. Ill try and see the E kits they got to for sale, write em down and get back to you guys here at drumchat. I played the one that was 800 bucks, I like the sound of it and the feel is alright. dude you got that for 400 bucks? it has the white pads tho.. doesnt that mean its wayy more money?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    an in port eh? sounds like exactly what I want. Ill try and see the E kits they got to for sale, write em down and get back to you guys here at drumchat. I played the one that was 800 bucks, I like the sound of it and the feel is alright. dude you got that for 400 bucks? it has the white pads tho.. doesnt that mean its wayy more money?
    Not at all bro, the pads are made EXACTLY like practice pads, but they have a sensetive sheet of metal under the foam. On high end kits like Roland, the white pads are more because they're ultra responsive mesh... mine are just cheap drum heads over foam pressed against the aforementioned metal sheet, which has a wire that attaches to the 1/4 inch in/out... it gets the job done, but becuase of it's second rate construction, it's not as responsive. I can't do anything more complex than 1/8ths on any one pad... sometimes they'll pick up 16ths, but not as often.

User Info Menu

thats crappy dude.. i wonder if the 800 kit i saw at the music store would be a bit more responsive? i remember playiong a roland with those nice mesh heads, and i litterally could do a perfect buzz roll.. it was such a nice feel. and the kick felt even nicer

User Info Menu

yeah, thats why I say go for the $800-1000 roland instead. It may be an "entry level" roland, but still far better than the competition!

User Info Menu

cool, today im goin to town so ill check out what the brands and prices are, ill get back to this thread

User Info Menu

Thumbs up You've Got the Idea...

Good goin Laf. That Rolland HD-1 is what I'm lookin' at right now. Savin' up for it. Drum Chick has an HD-1 and absolutly loves it. The TD-3SW would be really good to, just a couple hundered more dollars and it's more spacious. Go for Rolland dude. Rolls-Royce of E-kits.
    http://www.drumchat.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3906&dateline=1196908  888
    "Did you hear that Robin? 'Were'. 'Were'! DON'T YOU EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! I'M BARRRY GIBB! I'LL PUT YOU IN THE GROUND! PUT-YOU-IN--THE-GROUND--YeaH!

User Info Menu

Default My thoughts

I have had 5 electric kits and I would say buy a TD 6 kit and if you can swing it a TD6 SXT that have the mesh heads. I know of a couple places that have killer deals on roland drums if interested PM me and I will give more info. I would go the little extra and get the TD6 over the HD 1 if you have the space. Keep in mind that the kit will only sound as good as the sound system it is played thru. If you want to practice only a $50 set of head phones work great ! I'll be glad to help anyone I can!!
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

I think it depends on the capabilities of the module and the quality of the pads, do you have make and model numbers? I'm triggering my acoustics with a Roland Vdrum unit and I love it! (as compared to the Alesys-hunk a junk)