Thread: wanna have some fun?

User Info Menu

Default wanna have some fun?

http://www.sjcdrums.com/kitdesigner/
    this is a vary indepth kit designer that lets you do just about anything to a drum kit.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

Shazane Guest

I designed one that costs $14,000!

User Info Menu

holy crap dude thats a lot mine havent gotten past $8,000 yet

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

Shazane Guest

A 60 ply hand hammered brass snare and 9 10 ply toms all outfitted with every little add on possible, it's the drum kit from Hell! Aren't the manufacturers glad they don't really have to create it?

User Info Menu

loL you guys broke the website @~@

User Info Menu

60 play hand hammerd brass snare? I realize that these are fantasy kits, but a 60 ply snare would weigh about 150 pounds and would be about 8 inches thick probably. and it would pose a real problem as to how to stick the metal laminates together (Perhaps some form of solder???) Then agian why not just cast it like the 2002 Peiste snare. I am just kidding about all of this, but it is fun to think about how to create this stuff.

User Info Menu

Just over 6K, 6c kit: 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 20x18 all 6ply Birch.

User Info Menu

60 ply snares, thats not that much, ive seen up to 200 plys

User Info Menu

Yes but yu haven't seen 60 ply brass sheet snares!!!

User Info Menu

yeah your right

User Info Menu

Too much work... if I had that kind of money, it would be... beep, (approx. 11 times - sound of phone dialing)... "Hello, Sonor USA, how can I help you?"

"Um, Yes, I'd like to order a new SQ2 in (choose a finish) and these are the sizes. Please let me know when I can expect delivery"

Well, Mr. Stix, you're looking at 4 to 6 months and the total will be $XX,XXX.XX for just the shell pack. Would you like to visit the factory in Germany and see your drums being manufactured? Oh, and would you like hardware with that?"

Kinda like McDonalds Drive-Thru!

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

For that kind of scratch, the factory tour should come with a manicure, and pedicure for the wife!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool wanna have some fun?

anyone got $9,050 lying around (less taxes and shipping?) My dream kit would cost that much...more like a nightmare!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Pretty serious money for a kit to be sure. Apparently you can build anytype fantasy kit that you want too. Like a 60 ply brass sheet snare. That would be unbuildable in reality but the site will let you do it I guess.

User Info Menu

Exclamation 60 Ply...

Yeah, I'm not sure a 60 ply brass sheet head would sound very much like a snare. Maybe more like a siturydue. (Wow, that was just like-- hey pick a random instrument).
    http://www.drumchat.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3906&dateline=1196908  888
    "Did you hear that Robin? 'Were'. 'Were'! DON'T YOU EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! I'M BARRRY GIBB! I'LL PUT YOU IN THE GROUND! PUT-YOU-IN--THE-GROUND--YeaH!

User Info Menu

but hey it would be fun try to make one

User Info Menu

7510, really not that high for a custom job. I priced shells once to build my own, and it would cost about the same.
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.