Thread: Why DrumChat?

User Info Menu

Exclamation Why DrumChat?

With 36,000 threads and over 700,000 posts, DrumChat has become a wealth of information here at your fingertips. We're also one of the largest and most respectful drum forums on the net. But, participation has been down for all forums over the last number of years, largely due to Facebook groups. While Facebook certainly has it's advantages, we'd like to remind everyone of the value of forums like ours:

DrumChat VS. Facebook
    1. You have anonymity at DrumChat if you want.
    2. You can search our 36,000 threads for any drum term or subject.
    3. It’s moderated so we keep out the spam (and the bullies).
    4. You can resuscitate an old thread if you’d like.
    5. DrumChat is run by a small business, not a behemoth. So, if you like to support small businesses, engaging with our fellow passionate drummers here at DrumChat is a way to do that.

For those of you engaging with us already, thank you! We love our drum family!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Why DrumChat?

DrumChat, as well as all but one of the many forums (fora?) I have ever been on, and with my audiophelia, bass playing, and so on, forbids posting about politics or religion. This allows us to communicate about drumming and drum related subjects with people whose political or religious views could be totally opposed to mine without that being a barrier to communication. We can all be friends here. I don't think you'll see any of us going at each others throats over whether it's better to use a traditional grip as opposed to matched grip. this avoids the nonsense that goes on on Facebook.

I am grateful for all of this.

As to my "audiopheila"; it was so bad that I took information that I got from about 10 different A/V forums to build my own subwoofer. It was an addiction.
    Jack

May this be the best day you ever had and the worst you ever will. Trinity House Mudslinger.

User Info Menu

That's a damn good question Tom.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

It was either this or the Kardashians or watching Zack attempt to build something else.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I still think forums are far better than Faceache which is just throwaway.
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevaruka View Post
    I still think forums are far better than Faceache which is just throwaway.
    I agree 110%.

What amazed me the most was the fact that some anchor "person" a few years ago in looking at the news reports before the news started and should have said to the news director

" I'M SUPPOSED TO READ THAT SOME MORON "TWEETED SOMETHING"????? " ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME"???? "THIS IS WHAT THE NEWS IS GOING TO BE, THAT SOMEONE "TWEETS SOMETHING"?????

THE LORD SAID "LET THERE BE LIGHT AND THROW SOME STUPIDITY IN THERE JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT". THEN THE LORD SAID THAT IT WAS GOOD RIGHT UP TO WHEN MAN STARTED BOPPIN' AROUND AND STUPIDITY BECAME THE DRIVING FORCE BEHIND MAN AND WE BECAME A WHOLE BUNCH OF GOMER PYLES AND BARNEY FIFES RUNNING THINGS, IT APPEARS, INTO THE GROUND. THAT THE KARDASHIANS, DENNIS RODMAN, AND ANYBODY WITH ACCESS TO A PC OR A SMART PHONE CAN "TWEET SOMETHING STUPID" WHENEVER THEY WANT???????

The above is the main reason for booze. Hi Tom

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I agree 110%.

What amazed me the most was the fact that some anchor "person" a few years ago in looking at the news reports before the news started and should have said to the news director

" I'M SUPPOSED TO READ THAT SOME MORON "TWEETED SOMETHING"????? " ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME"???? "THIS IS WHAT THE NEWS IS GOING TO BE, THAT SOMEONE "TWEETS SOMETHING"?????

THE LORD SAID "LET THERE BE LIGHT AND THROW SOME STUPIDITY IN THERE JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT". THEN THE LORD SAID THAT IT WAS GOOD RIGHT UP TO WHEN MAN STARTED BOPPIN' AROUND AND STUPIDITY BECAME THE DRIVING FORCE BEHIND MAN AND WE BECAME A WHOLE BUNCH OF GOMER PYLES AND BARNEY FIFES RUNNING THINGS, IT APPEARS, INTO THE GROUND. THAT THE KARDASHIANS, DENNIS RODMAN, AND ANYBODY WITH ACCESS TO A PC OR A SMART PHONE CAN "TWEET SOMETHING STUPID" WHENEVER THEY WANT???????

The above is the main reason for booze. Hi Tom
    Well said!!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Well said!!!!
    You mean I was right?????????????????????????

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

You mean I was right?????????????????????????
    I can't confirm nor deny but I do agree.

I also agree with Tom and glad none of those shenanigans make the forum. This would be a terrible place if left to the likes of SMS. (Drifting back on Topic)
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I'm kinda diggin' the 'small town' feel of this place. And less to moderate so it makes my job (at least in here) a whole lot easier. Too bad I have to work other jobs. Rick, you're retired aren't you? Man, I'm jealous!

User Info Menu

"Rick, you're retired aren't you? Man, I'm jealous!"

I've been retired since 2005. I seem to have taken up buying Mustang GT's, a glass of Johnnie Walker Blue, and getting to spend a lot of time with the girl I should have married in 1966. There is only 1 person that knows the whole story and who my Avatar is.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

"Rick, you're retired aren't you? Man, I'm jealous!"

I've been retired since 2005. I seem to have taken up buying Mustang GT's, a glass of Johnnie Walker Blue, and getting to spend a lot of time with the girl I should have married in 1966. There is only 1 person that knows the whole story and who my Avatar is.
    I noticed your avatar changed back.Been retired since 2015(earlier than planned).DrumChat gives me something to do with some of my time.
    Rick

Mapex Sabian Ludwig Saluda Assorted Snare Drums