Thread: How many times a year do you buy a new piece of drum gear?

User Info Menu

Default How many times a year do you buy a new piece of drum gear?

For me, maybe only a couple times a year. Is that sad or what? LOL

User Info Menu

Default Re: How many times a year do you buy a new piece of drum gear?

I've gone years without anything new coming in but this past year I've somehow managed to replace all of my hardware, bought an 18" crash,a snare,a throne, full set of EC2's/Emad2 inc. resos, and some mics.

User Info Menu

I used to buy drum stuff every few months when I was gigging but it's been at least two years since I bought any drum gear. Coincidentally, it's been two years since my divorce so there might be a correlation why I haven't spent any money on drum gear. Money is tighter today than before.
    Last edited by late8; 08-19-2020 at 03:11 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TubThumper View Post
    I've gone years without anything new coming in but this past year I've somehow managed to replace all of my hardware, bought an 18" crash,a snare,a throne, full set of EC2's/Emad2 inc. resos, and some mics.
    Very cool. My hardware needs an upgrade too!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Coincidentally, it's been two years since my divorce so there might be a correlation why I haven't spent any money on drum gear. Money is tighter today than before.
    Man, divorce will do that to you. Dual income goes to single income. A couple friends of mine are experiencing that too.

User Info Menu

Every other week
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

About once every 8-10 months. It has slowed down a bit. Got into drumming 4 years ago and bought the used Stage Customs. Slowly upgraded cymbals, throne, pedals, snare. That took 18 months and then a year ago got the used Masters Studio kit, added another crash, changed from ISS mounts to RIMS, new heads all around. Hadn't bought anything for a year and then the son wanted a jazz ride for his kit, so found a great deal on a blemish and gave that to him as an end of the summer gift. Hopefully done for a while (although I could use a Meinl Groove Bell lol).
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

I never buy new gear......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I never buy new gear......
    MjAxMS1hNjdiNmRlODgyNmE0MTBi.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    hahahahahaha perfect response

User Info Menu

1 has to take into account that Zack's year is 437 days.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I'm poor so for me, it should be how many years between buying new drum gear haha

Apart from sticks and the occasional head replacement, my last purchases were a cheap Stagg crash and a new set of kick pedals after playing my last pair of entry-level Pearls for 11 years. Prior to that I hadn't made any large purchase in five or six years when I bought my in-ear monitors
    - Zack