Thread: Help Tama Snare Throwoff MIJ

User Info Menu

Default Help Tama Snare Throwoff MIJ

So started jamming with neighbor and a few other guys last week and bought a beater used Tama rockstar for $150 I could leave at his house. Well when I got home I saw that the snare throw off was missing something and does not work .

Does anyone have anything laying around they want to sell? or does anyone have a similar throwoff and can show me what part is missing from this one. I checked out drummers direct but no luck with the amount of holes and the hole spacing. Also does anyone have info on this snare? Looks decent, made in Japan while rest of kit says made in Taiwan.

4 holes, seems to be about 1-7/8" vertically and 1-9/16" horizontally.
    Thanks

suddenly cannot upload pics from computer??
    Last edited by MDK; 08-22-2020 at 08:36 AM. Reason: trying to attach pics
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help Tama Snare Throwoff MIJ

Hard to help without pics.
    You may be better off just replacing the throw anyway even if holes do not match. I mean, it’s your beater kit, right? Extra holes not a big deal.
    I like the Ludwig P-81. Not expensive.
    0B80EDF9-551F-4DEE-B89B-50A8D07733D4.jpg
    Last edited by Olimpass; 08-23-2020 at 04:54 PM.

User Info Menu

yeah sorry I do not know why I suddenly cannot upload pics but getting to be the norm for me on this site. Everything seems way more difficult than it should be. Anyway yes the kit is a rockstar beater but I think the metal snare that came with it is a nice vintage one, MIJ and a 10 lug 14". I may just adapt another snare to it. The one that is broken is Tama MCS50A
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Anyway yes the kit is a rockstar beater but I think the metal snare that came with it is a nice vintage one, MIJ and a 10 lug 14". I may just adapt another snare to it. The one that is broken is Tama MCS50A
    Ooo, 10 lugger.
    Found it
    Check your PM’s

9D01E9B5-05DE-40D7-94F7-6587373B9CBA.jpg
    Last edited by Olimpass; 08-24-2020 at 10:31 AM.