View Poll Results: How many times are you playing a month?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 or 2 gigs a month

5 100.00%
  • 2 to 4 gigs a month

0 0%
  • 4 to 6 gigs a month.

0 0%
  • 6 or more gigs a month

0 0%

Thread: How many gigs are you playing a month during this Covid pandemic?

User Info Menu

Default How many gigs are you playing a month during this Covid pandemic?

Poll above.

Curious how much everyone is playing these days now that some bars/restaurants are trying to open.

User Info Menu

Default Re: How many gigs are you playing a month during this Covid pandemic?

ZERO !
    We had some great gigs on the calendar in early March.
    All of them were cancelled and we have no offers since.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Nada. All bars are closed in Cali after a short limited opening. Infection rates climbed after the bars and restaurants reopened.

User Info Menu

Zero should be an option.. None for me but not because of covid.
    Last edited by MDK; 08-31-2020 at 02:48 PM.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Man, I had no idea so few would still be playing. That's why I didn't put zero on there. Wow! - - Sorry guys! These are tough times.

User Info Menu

2 since March 14th, both at the same place, one scheduled, one a last minute addition after another band cancelled. Many others cancelled. We have one gig in September that hasn't been cancelled yet, but we're still waiting to hear if it will be.

Acoustic Kits:
    Ludwig Maple 3ply White Cortex 4 pc
    Rukus Mod Orange Club 4 pc
    DW Design 6 pc
    Tama Silverstar Limited Edition Mirage 5 pc
    Tama Superstar 5 pc
    Tama Rockstar 4 pc
    Gretsch Catalina Ash 4 pc

Slingerland 7 pc

Electronic Kits:
    Yamaha DTX532k
    Roland TD-27, Roland PD-85 (x4), PD-125, KD9, CY-8 (x2) VH-10, Lemon 15 and 18 cymbals
    Roland SPD-SX Sample Pad

Snares:
    Tama SLP Black Brass
    Tama SLP G Maple
    Rukus Santos/Bubinga/Poplar/Wenge
    Rukus Avodire/Maple/Mahogany
    1972 Ludwig Supraphonic

Hardware:
    Tama, DW, Yamaha and Sonor

Cymbals:
    Zildjian A Series, A Custom and K Custom

Microphones:
    Miktek, Audix and Shure

User Info Menu

I miss playing so much... :(

User Info Menu

Me too. I haven't played since all this started.

User Info Menu

Absolutely zero & not looking like any for the rest of the year :(
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

December 2019 at Motorheads was the last time we played out.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

So we just booked another gig at the same venue(a marina) for Sept 19th, but also found out that the gig scheduled for the 11th is most likely cancelled. So for the entire summer we will have played a total of 3 gigs, all at the same place. NY has just slapped yet another restriction on live music. In addition to reduced capacity, masks, social distancing, etc., venues cannot sell tickets, charge a cover or advertise for live music. If there is live music, it must be "incidental" to dining or some other activity. If that doesn't drive the final nail into the coffin of live music I don't what will. There are rallies being held to try to bring attention to the seemingly arbitrary singling out of an already vulnerable industry. New York State currently has the lowest infection rate, and has allowed pretty much everything to reopen, including gyms, but for some reason live music venues are still being punished.

Acoustic Kits:
    DW Design 6 pc
    Tama Superstar 5 pc
    Tama Rockstar 4 pc

Slingerland 7 pc

Electronic Kits:
    Yamaha DTX532k
    Roland TD-27, Roland PD-85 (x4), PD-125, KD9, CY-8 (x2) VH-10, Lemon 15 and 18 cymbals
    Roland SPD-SX Sample Pad

Snares:
    Tama SLP Black Brass
    Tama SLP G Maple
    1972 Ludwig Supraphonic

Hardware:

Cymbals:

Microphones:
    Miktek, Audix and Shure

User Info Menu

Last gig was Feb 29, leap year day..0 since.

User Info Menu

We had 1 gig in late July and have another one Scheduled for next weekend. Both private parties/events. Most local venues have all but given up on live music for the rest of the year. No one wants to attend if you can’t dance and have to wear a mask.

That said, it’s not a big deal for my band right now. We changed some members, added 40+ new songs and are heading in a slightly different direction.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    We had 1 gig in late July and have another one Scheduled for next weekend. Both private parties/events. Most local venues have all but given up on live music for the rest of the year. No one wants to attend if you can’t dance and have to wear a mask.

That said, it’s not a big deal for my band right now. We changed some members, added 40+ new songs and are heading in a slightly different direction.
    Added over 40 songs? Wow! Impressive.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Added over 40 songs? Wow! Impressive.
    It sounds like it but not really, considering the songs and style we play.
    Basically, our new front man plays rhythm and leads on a 12 string and does most all the vocals. He learns the songs (Most he already performed in his solo act or in one of the hard rock bands he’s been in) and we just follow him. Some songs are more complicated, but most of the time it only takes playing it a couple times. Once we’ve played it 4-5 times, the basic song structure is set and it’s gig-ready. From there, it just gets better as the guys jam, improvIse their own licks and find their “Place” in each song. The biggest issue is working up vocal harmonies.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Chalk another one up with zero.

I’m about tired of this COVID-19 crap. I’m getting real tired of not being able to play live shows!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

The venue we were scheduled to play September 11th, which was cancelled, just had its liquor license revoked because of alleged violations of Covid protocols. I feel the place has been unfairly targeted, with the police showing up ever other day to try to catch them. The owner has done everything by the rules, but he can't watch every single patron every minute. There is a GoFundMe set up to try to cover the costs of recovering the license. My band is going to contribute and is considering offering a free gig to help support the place.

Acoustic Kits:
    DW Design 6 pc
    Tama Superstar 5 pc
    Tama Rockstar 4 pc

Slingerland 7 pc

Electronic Kits:
    Yamaha DTX532k
    Roland SPD-SX Sample Pad

Snares:
    Tama SLP Black Brass
    Tama SLP G Maple
    1972 Ludwig Supraphonic

Hardware:

Cymbals:

Microphones:
    Miktek, Audix and Shure

User Info Menu

Had one last month, and 3 this month. We have 2 on October 3rd (Community Octoberfest @2pm, Private Party (Children's Hospital fundraiser)) @ 8pm,
    and one (Moose Lodge) on October 10th.

1964 Ludwig Downbeat Black Diamond Pearl (12,13,14,16,20)
    ALL of its Original Hardware

Ludwig Stainless Steel "Bop" (12,14,18)

Ludwig 1947 Standard Deluxe w/Art Gold hardware 3ply Maple 6.5 x 14
    Ludwig 1959 LM470 Auditorium 3ply Mahogany 6.5 x 14
    Ludwig 1959 LM908P Jazz Festival 3ply Mahogany 5.5 x 14
    Ludwig 1964 LM400 Supraphonic 5 x 14
    Ludwig 1968 LM410 Super Sensitive 5 x 14
    Ludwig 1969 LM404 Acrolite 5 x 14
    Ludwig 1976 LM400 Supraphonic 5 x 14
    Ludwig 1977 LM401 Lacquered Brass Supraphonic 5 x 14
    Ludwig 1978 LM405 NYC Bd of Ed Acrolite w/factory Imperial Lugs 6.5 x 14
    Ludwig 1984 LB552 75th Anniversary Engraved Bronze 6.5 x 14
    Ludwig 1990s LM404 Black Galaxy Acrolite 10 Lug w/Silver Monroe Keystone 5 x 14
    Ludwig 2010 LB417BT Engraved Black Beauty 6.5 x 14
    Ludwig 2017 LB402B COB Supraphonic 6.5 x 14
    Ludwig 2020 LC662KTC Hammered Copperphonic w/all Copper Hardware 6.5 x 14
    DW Collectors 3mm Cast Bell Brass 5.5 x 14
    DW/Craviotto 2000 Steam Bent Solid Cherry 5.5 x 14

Zildjian As and A Customs

User Info Menu

Only a couple. Outside. Have an inside gig on 9/26. It's been rather sparse.