Thread: 9/11+19

User Info Menu

Default 9/11+19

Hard to believe 19 years have gone by since that day.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Default Re: 9/11+19

Unfortunately, for many it is nothing but a meaningless distant memory. Many of our youth don't have any idea what occurred that day.

User Info Menu

Still tear up thinking about that day.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Remembering

images.jpeg.jpg
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I was 21 years old, and in the Army. My gut told me we were under attack and I knew we were going to war, but with who? I remember being stunned, scared, crying at times, mad that it happened, and proud of our leaders and our citizens for how they responded. It was a day that will forever change our nation, and despite what some people want to believe, it is STILL the greatest nation in the world and STILL worth fighting for. I will NEVER forget.

911.jpg
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

I watched it from Liberty State Park.

I would have made "shock and awe" look like 2 kids with firecrackers.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

it's heart breaking seeing how many youth don't care cause they weren't around for it. I can't believe it's already been 19 years. . .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I agree Rick and it still hurts my heart and makes me furious even today.

We have never been to NYC but last fall my wife and 2 granddaughters went and they took a lot of pictures at the memorial.
    I just cant believe so many Americans are not infuriated with that attack. We are in sad days in this country my friend!
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

The wife took me to NY not long after it happened. She had a work event so it was business related. While there, we took a double decker bus tour on one of the days between classes and went right by ground zero. Everyone on the bus were choking up, some out right crying. The tour guide could barely get through the narrative. It truly was a somber zone. For a few moments everything seemed to slow down and didn't seem real.

Guess I need to dust this place. Phew.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I visited about 3 years ago. They did a great job with the memorials. Truly a sad and surreal moment in American history.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I agree! I can remember that day vividly
    Take care and seeya!

Jim