Thread: New Heads for the Yammies

User Info Menu

Default New Heads for the Yammies

So my son's Yamaha Stage Custom was in need of new heads on all the toms and snare. When I bought my Pearl Master's last year I put all new Evans G2s over G1s and loved them (first time using Evans). We decided to go Evans again and got him a full set of UV2s all around. The reso heads were fine (Clear Ambassadors), so we just replaced batters. I will have to say the UV2s sound great, just a touch warmer than the clear G2s on my kit. He has been playing on them for a week or so and you still can't tell they have ever been hit by a stick. I was listening to a Modern Drummer podcast and one of the hosts said he had a set on his main kit that had been on for 3 years and still looked new, so hopefully I am done with heads for a little while.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Default Re: New Heads for the Yammies

I've been wondering about the UV2's. I play EC2's over G1's and sound good and give me a little "deeper" tone that I like, but I've been considering experimenting some as well.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

UV cured technology... hmmm.
    I wonder what they use that I’m assuming Ultra Violet light cures this coating to a plastic or Mylar film?
    I think that’s one of the next things I’ll try by Evans. Sounds interesting.

User Info Menu

I love my UV heads! They are impressive

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    UV cured technology... hmmm.
    I wonder what they use that I’m assuming Ultra Violet light cures this coating to a plastic or Mylar film?
    I think that’s one of the next things I’ll try by Evans. Sounds interesting.
    You got it! l have UV1's on my Sonor Safari kit. The UV2's must be 2 ply, I know the UV1's don't hold up on the snares very well but OK on the toms.

User Info Menu

Great heads. I use UV1's on a church set, they sound great for a very long time.