Thread: Leary feeling over a purchase

User Info Menu

Default Leary feeling over a purchase

So I've noted on here that I purchased a custom kit from a company that has some really good reviews, drums nominated for awards, etc. Now I'm getting very leary of the situation because promises aren't being kept.

I paid in full for the kit in February. I was told it would take about five weeks. I'm good with that. Then COVID hits and the state the company is in is shut down. I'm good with that - they can't help that situation. Then in June they begin to reopen and I'm told in July that everything should be done "in about two weeks". Two weeks passes and nothing. In August I get a photo of a shell that has a busted bearing edge, and am told it will be fixed and we will be on the move.

Here is where it gets sticky.

Since that photo was sent I didn't receive any communication. I messaged twice to no avail. Finally I sent a pretty stern message two days ago and received a response about they aren't trying to avoid me but they had some personal issues at home, some mental health stuff, etc. I respond saying I understand that, but I've got a wife who is P.O.'ed about a decent amount of money being out since February and little to no proof of any progress on the kit and that we are going to need to see something soon.

Two days have passed. The message has been read. I've received no response.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but I began the process to dispute the transaction with my bank this morning. I've provided them the receipt for the purchase (which they have a record of in their files) in addition to screenshots of emails and other communication with the business owner. They're going through their process now.

Part of me feels bad because he was shut down due to COVID, but don't tell me two weeks in July then get spotty with communication after that. The other part of me just wants to get my money back and call it done.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Leary feeling over a purchase

First it was because of Covid, then a bad bearing edge, then some personal mental health issues? and spotty communication.
    I don’t know what they’ve actually sent you for communication but it should have been very apologetic, assuring you relief of the transaction with a date and a proper explanation why this is taking so long if they’re serious about keeping you as a customer.
    I can’t blame you for wanting to cancel the transaction.

User Info Menu

Yeah I would get as far away as possible from that. Get your money and get out!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

I appreciate the feedback. I've been speaking with a "mentor" of mine about this and got the same response from him. Go get my money back, regardless of what it takes to get it.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

I heard back from my bank this morning. They are working to get the money back into my account. I had to provide screen shots of conversations between the company owner and myself (thankfully we didn't discuss things by phone, and I have records of all conversations) and they are using those to do what they have to do.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    I heard back from my bank this morning. They are working to get the money back into my account. I had to provide screen shots of conversations between the company owner and myself (thankfully we didn't discuss things by phone, and I have records of all conversations) and they are using those to do what they have to do.
    Good luck. Shouldn't need it. Things should work out for you.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Ugghh Covid has become the new excuse for crappy customer service. All they have to do is mention it and any further complaining makes you look like an ***. What was name of company so none of us here fall victim to it?
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

It looks like we have a resolution to the situation. I’ve been promised the kit will be finished by early next week, and I’m going to be refunded labor costs - paying only for materials.

As long as I have a kit within a couple of weeks I’m good. If not my bank is prepared to move to get my full amount of money back.

User Info Menu

It looks like we have a resolution to the situation. I’ve been promised the kit will be finished by early next week, and I’m going to be refunded labor costs - paying only for materials.

As long as I have a kit within a couple of weeks I’m good. If not my bank is prepared to move to get my full amount of money back.
    Hoping for a positive outcome.

Of course, pics will be required. But you know that.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Hoping for a positive outcome.

Of course, pics will be required. But you know that.
    That’s what she said!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    What was name of company so none of us here fall victim to it?
    Respectfully, we try to avoid naming names here. We've found from past experience that this gets abused in many ways. Thanks for your understanding.

DrumWhipper, sorry this happened to you and hoping you have a positive outcome.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Respectfully, we try to avoid naming names here. We've found from past experience that this gets abused in many ways. Thanks for your understanding.

DrumWhipper, sorry this happened to you and hoping you have a positive outcome.
    Well it would be like a review...IE yelp, google etc... good or bad it helps fellow members out but yeah I am used to it on this site, No worries.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Looks like the kit will be finished by Thursday and should be shipped to me shortly after that!

User Info Menu

I had several things slow down because of this crap covid.

User Info Menu

Looks like the kit will be finished by Thursday and should be shipped to me shortly after that!
    Can't wait to see pics!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglishD View Post
    Can't wait to see pics!
    Can't wait to see the badge
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Ugghh Covid has become the new excuse for crappy customer service. All they have to do is mention it and any further complaining makes you look like an ***. What was name of company so none of us here fall victim to it?
    You can say that again.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

How's the new kit, DrumWhipper? Did it finally arrive?

User Info Menu

Had to wait for a rack tom hanger to come in, but the kit is finished. It is boxed up and shipping out this week. The hanger took some time due to slow downs in shipping from overseas.

This is a 13x9 rack tom with tube lugs and .3mm hoops. I’ll also have 16x14 and 18x16 floor toms, 22x18 kick, and a 14x5.5 snare - all maple.

I’ll post photos of the full kit once it arrives.

C2A0DE25-09F0-4160-89A7-68B7EF9804C7.jpg

User Info Menu

thats a gonna be a killer looking kit!