Thread: Vinnie Paul

User Info Menu

Default Vinnie Paul

Vinnie Paul (Vincent Paul Abbott - 1964-2018) was an American heavy metal drummer who played with Pantera from 1981 to 2003. He also formed the bands Hellyeah and Damageplan.

Vinnie also collaberated and recorded with Alice in Chains, Zakk Wylde (they were close friends), and made promotional videos for "dddrums".

This is Vinnie playing "Walk" (off Pantera's sixth album's "Vulgar Display of Power" video).

User Info Menu

Default Re: Vinnie Paul

Love Pantera, was 2nd row to see them, White Zombie, and Megadeth back in my younger days. I loved that Vinnie played double bass with a groove. No blast beats, just played them where needed for the music. Sad that both he and Dimebag are gone.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Default Re: Vinnie Paul

I saw them a few times. He was an great drummer.