So my oldest is in 10th grade, and part of the packet of information sent home this year is class ring catalog. I know my son isn't into the whole "School Pride" thing but I ask if he wants a class ring. He replies that it wouldn't really mean anything to him, he would want to wear something that he cared about. Well a few years ago I ran across a jeweler who is a drummer and makes custom snare drum rings. You heard that right, snare drum rings! I ask my son if he would like one made of his Acrolite (that he and I refurbished a few years back and he loves) and his jaw dropped. The jeweler does a special in Sterling Silver (he will do gold, white gold, etc. for much higher price), with proper badge and engraving on the inside for $350. That is around the cost of a class ring up here, so we felt it was a good trade off. We contacted the jeweler (who is an hour south of us) and he talked us through the process. We went to a local jeweler to get his finger sized, sent him a picture of the acro so he has proper badge, and he said he should have it done in 2 weeks. He will be sending pics as it is being crafted. My son is so excited, he can't wait to go pick it up. I will post pics as I get them...