Thread: Charly Antolini

User Info Menu

Default Charly Antolini

Charly Antolini is a Swiss Jazz drummer (born 1937). He went to Paris in 1956 and played with Sidney Bechet and Bill Coleman. In 1962 he lived in Germany and played with bands there.

In 1976 he started his own band called "Charly Antolini's Jazz Power". He toured Europe with Benny Goodman, Lionel Hampton, Babara Dennerlein, Albert Mangelsdorff, Earl Hines, Roy Eldridge, Jimmy Giuffre, Art Farmer, Oliver Nelson, Art Van Damme, Stuff Smith, and Baden Powell.

He recorded 30 albums as leader and played and recorded with (mostley European musicians) Eugen Cicero (eleven albums), Horst Jankowski (eleven albums), Art Van Damme, Svend Asmussen, Francis Coppieters, Fatty George, Jack Hammer, Benny Goodman, George Gruntz, Danny Moss, Baden Powell, Dieter Reith, Kristian Schultze, The Singers Unlimited, Stuff Smith, Joe Turner & Albert Nicholas, and others.

This is Charly playing "Caravan" with a drum solo. (I wonder how many drummers have played Caravan at some time or another) I guess up in Switzerland there isn't much to do except make watches, milk cows and practice. Man, I have to say for a jazz drummer, he's beating the crap out of those drums.

Last edited by aboveforever; 09-19-2020 at 07:26 PM.