Thread: Kryshah's videos

User Info Menu

Default Kryshah's videos

Oh, what the heck, I'll devote a thread to my vids.

Ok, I finally got my vids to upload with sound, so here are a few of me playing, first kit, then djembe. I have issues with tempo about halfway through the vid on kit, where I try to abruptly start another groove.... which ends up gradually speeding back up and becomes the original groove, but hey, it's fun nonetheless! Remember, I've only played Djembe for a year, and I've only played on a kit regularly for the last six months!

http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/g...urrent=Kit.flv

http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/g...ent=Djembe.flv
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

That's what you need to do if you want us to see your vids! YAY Kry!!!!!! As I said before, I like your playing, nice beat, nice rolls. WTG Kry!

User Info Menu

Alright Mat!!!! Well done dude!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Great job Krysh! Thanks for sharing that with us man.

User Info Menu

Very nice Krysha! Looking very comfortable on the drums and some very nice rolls goin on
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

I'll watch those videos when I get home Mat, the place I'm at doesn't have a speaker or a headphone >_<
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

I swear everyone always plays the same rythem when they pick up a Djembe. I play the same thing you just did every time i pick one up.

Anyway, nice vids you look like a pretty good drum kit player for somone who been playing 6 months.

User Info Menu

Nice job, Kryshah!

User Info Menu

I can't play my drums for 3-4 days...... I am not liking that. It's one thing to not get on your kit because you're busy, it's another when you physically can not play..... Oh, the sadness. I think I'll just go to sleep for days and wake up when I can play.........

User Info Menu

That sucks, e-mail me with updates when you can DC!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    I can't play my drums for 3-4 days...... I am not liking that. It's one thing to not get on your kit because you're busy, it's another when you physically can not play..... Oh, the sadness. I think I'll just go to sleep for days and wake up when I can play.........
    DC, once you pull through this, you will be back on there kickin it big time with no turning back.
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

sounded good krysh and good looking rolls pal.

User Info Menu

I"m amazed that you guys keep commenting on the rolls, that's what i thought was the worst part of the video! I did (what I think is) some neat stuff. I pride myself on diversity on the snare, but the camera didn't pick it up well, and it seems like one prolonged roll. Thanks though!

User Info Menu

Nice kry! killer set, killer rolls!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Thanks man... and again with the rolls...

User Info Menu

Cool Kryshah's videos

On that djembe--now that's the way I like it, uh huh, uh huh! Gonna try jammin' on congas with that...sounded cool, bro'...

(By the way, if you're not familiar with the djembe, the basic rhythm may "sound the same" the first time you hear it, but where you strike the head, the way you let the tone ring out--or not--and the tune of the head, among others, will change the tone.

That's like saying all drum rhythms "sound the same." The more comfortable you get with it, the more variations you can get out of it. Kryshah, you and I--and all our djembe players--already know this...)

On the kit--it sounds like a broken record, man, but those rolls drove hard--and they sounded awesome...

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: Kryshah's videos

well played Nice time keeping. time was solid
    Pditty