Thread: Expansion/contraction

User Info Menu

Default Expansion/contraction

Sitting on the couch in the quiet this morning I was looking at my phone then out of the blue i hear a crack come from a rack tom sitting in the room directly in front of me. It was the kind of crack sound you hear when putting on a new head.. just one subtle crack though.

I know expansion and contraction is nothing new.. shells have been doing it since they've been invented but it was kind of cool to hear this morning.. like it was speaking to me. Last night was the coolest night in like 5 months 42 degrees. Inside felt fine though no heater yet.

But anyway just wanted to share.. this drum is one i got a few months ago that i want to start using someday.. hopefully.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Default Re: Expansion/contraction

That's pretty cool. Yeah, there's always a lot of movement that goes unnoticed. When I was young, my dad said to me, "If you could see all the particles and microbes and stuff floating around in the air, it would scare the living hell out of you! From the temperature changing physical objects to bacteria everywhere to microscopic worms to the violence of the insect and animal kingdom, believe me when I tell you, ignorance is bliss! LOL

And I left out ghosts! I never believed in them until I had my own experience. I sure the hell believe in them now! Ha-ha!

User Info Menu

Tom, you had me right up to the ghost. Now I worry about you.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

that would be a crazy sound to hear!