Thread: Christmas Is Coming

User Info Menu

Default Christmas Is Coming

as we all know christmas is coming. yay! so ill probably be getting my first kit on christmas and my dad wants to know the ones that i want. ive got basically a 300-400$ price range. somethin that came with cymbals would also be nice. and finally, when i get it i wont have any music to play! any one have links to d=some good rock tabs?
    lifes too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

User Info Menu

Hope you get your Kit drummerbox55, you might encounter some problems staying in budget if you bought a kit with cymbals $300-$400 dollars though. Spend your budget on a kit and add cymbals later. The reason I say that is you can make a less expensive drum kit sound reasonably good. But again I say that you cannot make a less expensive cymbal that sounds bad, sound good no matter what you do!!

User Info Menu

good point. wat do you guys think of this one? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...als?sku=443859
    lifes too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

User Info Menu

DB, if that's what you can afford, then at least you're in the game and learning. The review on the kit is probably right. The heads will be cheap, and so will the cymbals, but it would get you started.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

http://www.elevation-music.com/arvalplus1.html ok im probably leaning towards this one. tell me wat yall think

User Info Menu

Well, the tom mounts look better, but I wouldn't look for great heads, or cymbals. I would get to a music store and check out the quality of the beginner sets, so that you understand what you are getting. Nothing wrong with starting at the beginning.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Honestly, I'd go with the pulse. It's not exactly the best drumset on the market, but it's what I play at church, and it gets the job done. With good heads and some tuning, they can be pretty decent drums. They come with cookie cutter cymbals though, that would have to be replaced somewhere down the line, but will give you something to clang around on in the meantime.
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

There is nothing wrong with a starter set. I still play a percussion plus. Put some good heads on there, tune them well, and play. Like said before, you can tune cheap drums to sound nice. And the cymbals that come with the drums do suck, but they definitely work. I'm sure you won't be heading to the studio your first time out so don't worry about quality cymbals. Use the fragile starter cymbals to develop proper technique.

Plus, learning on hi-hats and the crash/ride that comes with most starter sets will increase your creativity. Having to get many sounds out of few cymbals is really fun.

I'd go for the pulse, just because it's from a reliable company being sold legit at musicians friend ... and you get free shipping.

Keep rockin'
    Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Incite-a-Riot View Post
    There is nothing wrong with a starter set. I still play a percussion plus. Put some good heads on there, tune them well, and play. Like said before, you can tune cheap drums to sound nice. And the cymbals that come with the drums do suck, but they definitely work. I'm sure you won't be heading to the studio your first time out so don't worry about quality cymbals. Use the fragile starter cymbals to develop proper technique.

Plus, learning on hi-hats and the crash/ride that comes with most starter sets will increase your creativity. Having to get many sounds out of few cymbals is really fun.

I'd go for the pulse, just because it's from a reliable company being sold legit at musicians friend ... and you get free shipping.

Keep rockin'
    yeah, what he said! I forgot that they come from Musicians Friend, which has free shipping. And if you go to http://www.samash.com their groove percussion is the exact same thing as pulse, but repackaged, so you can look around for the best price.
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.