Thread: Hello there

User Info Menu

Default Hello there

Yo...it's been a while and I thought I'd drop in. I'm happy to see this community is still going after over a decade! Are any of you old-timers still here? Bish, Pastor Bob, gonefishin, late8? Hope you all are doing well.

A little update on me if anyone is interested...unfortunately I can no longer play drums due to some pretty debilitating back pain. My Tama Superstars have been packed up for the last couple of years, and just recently I lent them to a friend indefinitely to set up in his basement. At least they're getting some use now. Hopefully I can pick up the sticks again someday. Music was my greatest joy in life, so I'm sure I will find my way back eventually.

I did write and record an EP with the help of a few buddies of mine, before my back got messed up. I won't post a link, as I'm not sure whether that violates the forum rules, but if anyone is interested just let me know. I'm very proud of how it turned out considering we recorded it in various bedrooms and living rooms.

Also, what happened to the shoutbox? Used to love popping in there every once in a while. Is it gone?
    Matt

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hello there

Hey, Yohin. Yes, some of us are still around. Sorry to hear about your back pains. Hope you get better soon.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Hey Matt! Man, sorry to hear about your back. The shoutbox wasn't really being used that much and it was distracting from the main part of the forum so the owners wanted to streamline it a bit. I don't miss it myself. A lot of the same guys still post but nobody posts as much as they used to due to there being so many Facebook groups out there. But the forum still gets a ton of traffic coming through.

Please feel free to post your music here. As long as you're not selling or promotion something commercial, you're OK.

I hope you can get some relief for your back.

User Info Menu

Hello! We couldn’t get rid of Bish if we tried lol
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Hello! We couldn’t get rid of Bish if we tried lol
    Try harder.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Try harder.
    But I don’t wanna!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals