Thread: Zildjian A custom's

User Info Menu

Default Zildjian A custom's

my music store FINAILLY got some good cymbals in for me to test, they were 20" medium A cust, 16" 18" a cust crash's and a 12" splash i think.. and i was surprised by there sound. there almost brighter than my AAX's. but i actually like my AAX's better then the A cust cymbals, which surprised me for some reason. im not saying there bad, the sound was awsome bright and crisp.

User Info Menu

They are great cymbals, they are what I use and I am always impressed when I listen to what they sound like recorded when we record our shows.

User Info Menu

I didn't think I wanted the A Customs until I went to the music store, and just started puttin' my sticks on the different cymbals. I'll probably mix up my cymbals some, but I love the 16" A Custom Crash, and the 18" A Custom Fast Crash. I'm not real fond of the A Custom rides though; they just sound a bit too bright for my ears.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I have 14" A Cust hats, 16" A cust crash, and two A cust rides, 20", and 22". I almost think they're too bright. They're very peircing in my basement. Kind of hurts the ears a bit... which is why I use the B8's most of the time.
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

Krashah, I don't mean this anyway disrespectful, but wow, you are the only person I have ever heard of that would prefer the sound of a B8 over an A custom. really a basement isn't the place to judge though. Try them on stage I'll bet your feelings will change.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    Krashah, I don't mean this anyway disrespectful, but wow, you are the only person I have ever heard of that would prefer the sound of a B8 over an A custom. really a basement isn't the place to judge though. Try them on stage I'll bet your feelings will change.
    I fully agree, The only reason I prefer the B8's is the horrible acoustics of my basement. The A's are just too loud, while the B8's have quick decay, and are kindof washy, so they aren't quite as audibly offensive. In fact, we have a 22" A custom ping at church, and I took my 16" A custom crash to the church for a while, and those two sound astounding in the church.
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

Cool

"back...." Make That 2 Because I'm Wif Kryshah....when I Went To Ahead Sticks I Gave Up My A Custom 20" Ride For A Sabian B8 I Bought @ A Pawnshop For $20 Becuase The Cymabal Sounds Different Wif Da Sticks I Mentioned.....i Also Use A Chad Smith 21 1/2" Crash Cymabal As Aride For The Same Reason...a Power Rock Bud Of Mine Uses A Custom 20"'s For Crashes And Was Scared @ How Loud My" Chad Smith" Was And Gave It Back,,,,I STILL HAVE 17"&18" A CUSTOM PROJECTOR CRASHES AND LUBS EM TO DEATH.....SAID AGAIN,,,,BEUTY IS IN THE EAR OF THE BEHOLDER,,,ENJOY EM ALL....
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

I have a 16"&17" A custom crash cymbals and i'm very happy but i have to say that i prefer the Avedis Zildjian series specialy when i play in small gigs without microphones
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian A custom's

i have a 14 inch A custom fast crash and i love it, but i wish it was a 16 or 18
    Last edited by DeathMetalDrummer; 06-08-2008 at 08:28 AM.

User Info Menu

i have a 14 inch A custom fast crash and i love it
    Wow...That sure a cool stuff....
    I looking for 16" Fast Crash of A custom...It sound very brght...
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

HBdrummer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I didn't think I wanted the A Customs until I went to the music store, and just started puttin' my sticks on the different cymbals. I'll probably mix up my cymbals some, but I love the 16" A Custom Crash, and the 18" A Custom Fast Crash. I'm not real fond of the A Custom rides though; they just sound a bit too bright for my ears.
    I found that as I get alittle older (read;experienced) and have a more discerning ear, my cymbal choices are pretty mixed as well. I have 1 A custom (17" crash) that I absolutely love. I also own an A 16" thin, K custom Dark 17", 18" K custom sessions ride, K 10" splash, and 13.25" K custom Hybrid hats. The A custom def. has it's place in my set up! Great cymbals!

User Info Menu

Just got some A Custom 14" hats after using Quick Beats for ages - should've changed sooner, really! I love the extra brightness the A Customs give me - actually I've now got A Customs throughout...very fond of my 17" Projection Crash and 18" Fast Crash!! Guess I've always preferred crashes that give you instant sound.

I use an 18" Crash/Ride as well in A Custom, but I remember trying a friend's kit years ago and he had a Sabian Leopard 20" Ride that I thought sounded gorgeous - great 'ping' to it.

Cheers!

Ian ('Peter' in DTK)
    www.dressedtokill.org.uk
    The World's Longest Running KISS tribute band - Alive since 1990!!

User Info Menu

I use all A Customs: 20" ride, 18" crash, 17" projection crash, 15" crash, 14" hi hats, 10" splash, 8" splash.
    I love them and wouldn't trade them for anything. I like the brightness and shimmer; I play with a pretty loud band and need to get 'over the top' of the guitars...

BTW there is a big difference in sound when A Customs are freshly cleaned as opposed to grungy; I guess it has to do with the finish, but it seems like there is a bigger difference in sound with A Customs as opposed to other cymbals I've used...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HBdrummer View Post
    I found that as I get alittle older (read;experienced) and have a more discerning ear, my cymbal choices are pretty mixed as well. I have 1 A custom (17" crash) that I absolutely love. I also own an A 16" thin, K custom Dark 17", 18" K custom sessions ride, K 10" splash, and 13.25" K custom Hybrid hats. The A custom def. has it's place in my set up! Great cymbals!
    you have good taste my man, i have the first 3 cymbals you listed there.

i have 2 a custom crashes. the 17" & 18" that i use when playing anything loud. unfortunately they havnt been getting much love in the blues band im playing with most of the time now. the k custom darks are good for that kinda stuff.

User Info Menu

HOLA como estas' LAFIRIN CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER(CAT) I love ALL My ZILJIAN CUSTOMS *VERY (HOT-CYMBALS)..

User Info Menu

I love the sound of the a custom 14in hats
    they are amazing
    although I don't own them myself, I've played on them and would love to own a pair
    (((Arbo)))
    Pearl Forum Series
    B8 Ride
    A Custom Master Shound Hats
    Zildjian Z Custom Crashes
    Wuhan China
    Tama Iron Cobra

User Info Menu

i might get an A custom splash

User Info Menu

i have a 14 fast crash
    15 crash
    16 crash
    17 crash all A custom

i will buy 18 fast crash soon

now i need to get some good splash but i didn't like the a custom splash

i am a zildjian guy should a go whith the K ???

or sabian aax or hh sabian

any suggest are welcome ????

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DeathMetalDrummer View Post
    i might get an A custom splash
    I have a 6" , my next one is gonna be a 12" splash

User Info Menu

i have a 8" which i love, also 20" ride and 13" hats. everything else is k or avedis i will be on the lookout for a 18" a custom tho.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearldrummer13 View Post
    I love the sound of the a custom 14in hats
    they are amazing
    although I don't own them myself, I've played on them and would love to own a pair
    got the a custom new beat hi hats.....nasty beasts! sound real well miked too......
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    I have a 6" , my next one is gonna be a 12" splash
    Ive been considering either an 8" or 10" most likely a 10"