Thread: 8mm female to 6mm male threaded adapter

User Info Menu

Question 8mm female to 6mm male threaded adapter

Hi:
    I am looking for a 8mm female(cymbal stand thread) to a 6mm male(practice pad) threaded adapter. I want to use my cymbal stand which has a 8mm male thread to thread into the 6mm female thread on my practice pad.
    Can't seem to find one other than going to a spearfishing accessory,which they do have available,but not looking to pay their over 20$ price.
    Anyone have a link? Thanks.

User Info Menu

Default Re: 8mm female to 6mm male threaded adapter

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Hi:
    I am looking for a 8mm female(cymbal stand thread) to a 6mm male(practice pad) threaded adapter. I want to use my cymbal stand which has a 8mm male thread to thread into the 6mm female thread on my practice pad.
    Can't seem to find one other than going to a spearfishing accessory,which they do have available,but not looking to pay their over 20$ price.
    Anyone have a link? Thanks.
    Hi, maybe you could make the practice pad to accept 8mm? It may be easier.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Hi, maybe you could make the practice pad to accept 8mm? It may be easier.
    I happened to find a 8mm-6mm adapter,but it's for a spear fishing item of all things.I don't care what it's for as long as it works!
    Last edited by Huck; 12-11-2020 at 03:51 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    I happened to find a 8mm-6mm adapter,but it's for a spear fishing item of all things.I don't care what it's for as long as it works!
    Yes, I read that. I was thinking you may be able to just drill and tap the practice pad to the 8mm size you need for the cymbal stand. I can’t see the practice pad to see if that’s possible but it’s an idea without purchasing an adapter. All the best.