Thread: Rocktagons!

User Info Menu

Default Rocktagons!

So, I've found out about these Rocktagonal Sabian Cymbals, that look sweet. I listened to them on their site and am thinking of picking up the 10" splash, 16" and 18" crashes, and if I could find like a pack of all the rocktagon cymbals that'd be great. (I think there are only those 3, as far as I could see...) They seem to sound cool. I'm looking at about 300-400 for those 3 cymbals.

User Info Menu

Wow! I guess they are still making those, or they started again. I thought they quit making those along time ago like in the 80s. Have they been making those the whole time or are have they started again recently?

User Info Menu

Dunno really... but I want them

User Info Menu

so, are these things octagonal or something... now I have to research them....
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

wow, they ARE octagonal... do they sound ok? It seems like that would take away from the acoustics a bit. I bet they'd make great projectile weapons in a pinch! What is it with novelty cymbals all of a sudden?
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

That is the only issue I have is they are expensive so when the novelty looses its appeal you have a bunh of (out of style cymbals so to speak) cymbals will last a life time if cared for. Drums come and go......