Thread: Carrying Hardware

User Info Menu

Default Carrying Hardware

What are somethings you lovely people do to carry your hardware from gig to gig? I've heard of many things, like suitcases, golf club bags, and of course buying hardware cases.
    It's a classic.

• How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Five: One to screw the bulb in, and four to talk about how much better
    Neil Peart could have done it.

User Info Menu

My roadie carries all my stuff LOL

User Info Menu

I'm not at the gigging stage yet, but I have heard of carrying the hardware in a duffle bag. I would think that it might get scratched up pretty easy that way, though.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I use my hands lol
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

this needs to be your strongest case. hardware cases take a beating. i have a specialized hardware bag made by gator. it has not held up very well. i paid about 80 bucks and it is all but scrap after a year of work. when i have an extra 200 bucks or so i will buy an skb case or something. till then if my bag gives in i have a huge plastic tupperware type storage bin with wheels that i will use.

User Info Menu

Thank God my bandmates always help
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jd09 View Post
    What are somethings you lovely people do to carry your hardware from gig to gig? I've heard of many things, like suitcases, golf club bags, and of course buying hardware cases.
    They all work. Depends on how much you're drumming and the kind of abuse it will take. I use a soft bag by Protection Racket. They make really heavy duty stuff. But I'm only playing part time now and I haul it in my car. If you're using a trailer or a van with the other gear, go with something stronger that can really take a beating. Like Funky said, that's the most important case.

User Info Menu

Protector Case is what I use. And has wheel too. Midwest Percussion has this for $132.35. Go to http://www.midwestpercussion.com/index.html and give them a call.

http://www.xlspec.com/product.asp?Pr...essory%20Cases
    Last edited by rritter; 12-25-2007 at 08:24 AM.
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums