Thread: Which Crash to Buy?

User Info Menu

Default Which Crash to Buy?

I am planning to buy a Sabian 18 inch or 19 inch thin crash next week. I am considering the AA Raw Bell Crash, the AA Thin Crash, the AAX Thin Crash, and the AAX X-plosion Fast Crash. If you have an opinion or experience with any of these, please comment below. Have an excellent 2021. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus; Mapex MPX snare, Mapex Black Panther Venom snare, Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms / Sabian AAX, SR2/ Evans / LA Backbeat

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

Default Re: Which Crash to Buy?

Why not try a Sabian 18” extra thin crash. I love mine. It has a beautiful mellow wash to it.

A description I’ve found:

Combining a bright character, precise machine hammering and the thinnest weight of any cymbal in the series, the Sabian 18" AA Extra Thin Crash strikes a perfect balance between delicate and pronounced. Immensely responsive due to the cymbal's weight and able to add tasteful layers of bright wash or a staccato crash with quick decay, this cymbal has natural applications everywhere from fusion jazz to garage rock.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 12-31-2020 at 05:34 PM.

User Info Menu

should have taken advantage of the AAX Concept crash when it was on sale for black friday. What a steal!

I like the AAX Thin crash and the AAX X-plosion is a killer cymbal

User Info Menu

I ended up buying two crashes from My Cymbal.com. I ordered a 17 inch and an 18 inch AAX Studio Crashes, which are thin and open easily. Thanks for the responses. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus; Mapex MPX snare, Mapex Black Panther Venom snare, Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms / Sabian AAX, SR2/ Evans / LA Backbeat

Church Drummer's Army