Thread: Laura Nyro - Eli and the Thirteenth Confession

User Info Menu

Default Laura Nyro - Eli and the Thirteenth Confession

Laura Nyro (1947-1997) was born in the Bronx. When you talk about underated musicians and albums you have to include Laura Nyro. Now here is a musician. She wrote her own songs, played the piano on them, sang the back up vocals, and arranged them. "Elis and the Thirteenth Confession" was her second album.

She didn't perform naked or color her hair green or jump around on the stage like a grasshopper. She just peformed and wow!

Some of the songs she wrote that other people made famous are:

Stone Soul Picnic - 5th Dimension
    Sweet Blindness - 5th Dimension
    Wedding Bell Blues - 5th Dimension
    Blowin' Away - 5th Dimension
    Save the Country - 5th Dimension
    And When I Die - Blood Seat and Tears, Peter Paul & Mary
    Eli's Comin' - Three Dog Night and other various people

This is "Eli's Comin'"

Last edited by aboveforever; 01-11-2021 at 09:27 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Laura Nyro - Eli and the Thirteenth Confession

This is "Poverty Train"

User Info Menu

Not my taste in music but that's quite a resume!

User Info Menu

I can understand. A friend of mine a long time ago (but not in a galaxy far far away) recommended this album to me. I am actually not in to girl singers (except Janis, Aretha, Big Mama Thorton, Etta James,etc. and the old legends such as Ella, Lena Horne, Pearl Bailey, etc., so I was skeptical about it all. His girl friend made him listen to it, and he got hooked on it and talked me into wanting to at least listen to it.

I reluctantly went down to the record store and bought the album. I listened to it. Then, I listened to it again. I got hooked. This girl was different. She reaches inside you and makes you feel the music whether you want to or not.

There is always the search for the music that will make you feel those feelings deep inside. After you get through with the fast guitar licks and fancey drumming. It's music that gets into your soul that you find things that were missing. I thought it would be good to share.

But, that is only how I feel about it. Everyone has their own feelings and ideas and that's good.
    Last edited by aboveforever; 01-12-2021 at 06:12 AM.