Thread: I just did the unthinkable....

User Info Menu

Default I just did the unthinkable....

I purchased remo silent heads and zildjian silent cymbals. Wife working from home seems like it is not going to change anytime soon and I am getting tired of not being able to play when the urge strikes so I broke down and just spent the $300 on the combo-pack. It was either that or buy an E-kit for $2500. Hate the thought of putting silent heads on my Luddies but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Default Re: I just did the unthinkable....

Maybe you can make a soundproof area ?

User Info Menu

Let me know what exactly you bought and how it works out for you. I still haven't pulled the trigger on the eKit and $300 sounds much more attractive that $2000.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Maybe you can make a soundproof area ?
    yeah I looked into it but that would be much more than the $2500 it would cost for a good E-kit, plus we plan on moving soon.. (fingers crossed)

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Let me know what exactly you bought and how it works out for you. I still haven't pulled the trigger on the eKit and $300 sounds much more attractive that $2000.
    I bought the Zildjian Low Volume Quiet Pack w/ Remo Silent Stroke Drumheads. $300 with free shipping. I will do a little review after I get em in.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO