Thread: Hard to Handle - Black Crowes drum cover

User Info Menu

Default Hard to Handle - Black Crowes drum cover

A good friend asked me to cover Hard to Handle. I figured this would be a great song to get started on learning to record and mix. Now I know I have a lot to learn and hopefully every video will continue to get better and better!!

Enjoy my cover!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hard to Handle - Black Crowes drum cover

Nice job bud, I just played that yesterday for the 1st time in 7 months and wow I was rusty. Good timing!
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Really well played! Only criticism I would have, if I was to do such a thing. Is try to be more expressive behind the kit. You look bored. Other than that, you were spot on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck View Post
    Really well played! Only criticism I would have, if I was to do such a thing. Is try to be more expressive behind the kit. You look bored. Other than that, you were spot on.
    He always looks like that. I have been telling him for a while now that he has to put a little life into his playing.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck View Post
    Not that I was "bored" which this is an extremely simple song compared to anything I'm use to playing.. but I was originally playing this just to test out the new mics so I wasn't going to record it. But I did and ended up playing it pretty smooth with no retakes so I just kept it. Don't worry... the next song will be more me.. Which I will thank Rick for all the motivation because I don't hit hard enough or put in the energy needed hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    He always looks like that. I have been telling him for a while now that he has to put a little life into his playing.
    The next song will be a little more focused buddy... and if I don't break a stick it'll be a miracle. Then I'll sign that said stick and mail it to you for your birthday!

User Info Menu

Not that I was "bored" which this is an extremely simple song compared to anything I'm use to playing.. but I was originally playing this just to test out the new mics so I wasn't going to record it. But I did and ended up playing it pretty smooth with no retakes so I just kept it. Don't worry... the next song will be more me.. Which I will thank Rick for all the motivation because I don't hit hard enough or put in the energy needed hahaha.

I hope you understand I was kidding!?!