Thread: S-Hoops

User Info Menu

Default S-Hoops

I ordered an S-hoop for my snare not realizing they were for made for protecting the bearing edge from damage. I don’t like them and think they’re kind of big and gaudy looking to me. I have not installed it yet.
    Anybody try one of these?

User Info Menu

Default Re: S-Hoops

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    I ordered an S-hoop for my snare not realizing they were for made for protecting the bearing edge from damage. I don’t like them and think they’re kind of big and gaudy looking to me. I have not installed it yet.
    Anybody try one of these?
    Well you may as well try it, I been looking at them lately and like what I am seeing and hearing and may try one some day.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Thanks MDK.
    I thought they were only to protect the bearing edge the way the rim goes in kind of like a stick saver rim but found this explanation also...

S-Hoop Steel Safehoop Snare And Tom Drum Rim. The Safehoop S-Hoop drum rim is like a redesigned triple flange hoop. ... The patented design allows the toms to sing more and give's the snare a fatter sound than hoops of previous design.

I may as well try it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Thanks MDK.
    I thought they were only to protect the bearing edge the way the rim goes in kind of like a stick saver rim but found this explanation also...

S-Hoop Steel Safehoop Snare And Tom Drum Rim. The Safehoop S-Hoop drum rim is like a redesigned triple flange hoop. ... The patented design allows the toms to sing more and give's the snare a fatter sound than hoops of previous design.

I may as well try it.
    I alos saw if you have to use a muffle ring it slides perfectly underneath. Rim shots and cross sticking is said to be much better as well due to hitting a bigger surafe area. How much were they?
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

even I learned something today!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    I alos saw if you have to use a muffle ring it slides perfectly underneath. Rim shots and cross sticking is said to be much better as well due to hitting a bigger surafe area. How much were they?
    I bought it for my PDP Ace NOB snare. I needed a chrome 14” 10-lug batter side. It was $17. I haven’t tried it yet, still looks gaudy to me.

User Info Menu

like anything else drum related it's in the ear of the beholder .. (to my ear) the S hoop does the opposite then what they claim it does for a drums sound.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN