Thread: New Toy

User Info Menu

Default New Toy

They made me an offer I couldn't refuse. It's a 2020 Mustang GT Premium with all the bells and whistles. The color is Velocity Blue and it's beautiful.

5.0 putting out 460 HP through a 6 speed and 3.55 rear gears. It had 8 miles on the odometer.

I just keep kicking that bucket further down the road.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Default Re: New Toy

That's a beaut Rick!

User Info Menu

That is an awesome Mustang!! I love that color.

User Info Menu

Nice!

User Info Menu

Nice choice Rick!

User Info Menu

Woo nice, My new ecoboost is 375hp and she gets up and hauls. Fastest stock truck no doubt. Mustang is on my list though, hope to get one someday.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

It's a buyers market for a lot of cars. The virus has had a major impact on car sales. I got more for my '17 GT as a trade in then I expected by a couple of K.

This car was had for almost 10K under MSRP and where my '17 had a 3 year 36K warranty on the drive train, this has 5 years and 60K.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Very Nice!!!!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

I have the scoops and louvers on order. The young lady that bought my white Eco-Boost is thrilled with it and she lives in the next city down I77 so I don't run into her with duplicate cars.

A guy from Hickory has been looking at my black GT, so hopefully I won't run into him with duplicate cars.

For some reason my wheels from my black GT didn't look good on the blue 1. I've been looking at various wheel combos and it seems like so many wheels today are black. I called AM and they said that black has become a real favorite so I'm looking for something different that will look good on this 1.

I thought about a Roush tune like I did on the Eco-Boost and the black GT but in watching some guys on you tube that have put racing tires on 2020's they get 0-60 times a hair under 4 seconds. It's 460HP and I think Ford underrated the HP by maybe 30-40HP.

S550 is the best Mustang Ford ever built. Very comfortable to drive and very fast. Someday I might actually grow up?????????

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Someday I might actually grow up?????????
    Hopefully not.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Hopefully not.
    I hope so too Marc. There isn't much of a future when you are old.

There is that morbid wondering if there is something after 1 shuffles off this mortal coil. If there really is a G-O-D, I hope the he/she/it has a great sense of humor otherwise I'll be roasting marshmallows for a hell of a long time.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Beautiful car. I really like the vents in the hood that are reminiscent of the 1967 Mustang my father had when I was a kid. Very sweet.
    Slingerland/Zildjian
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

User Info Menu

That’s awesome Rick!
    I don’t really understand the whole “black wheels” thing.

I was looking at used S550’s last fall, but couldn’t justify spending the $20k+ on a car with 100k miles. Plus, having to go back to paying for full coverage insurance on a car. So... I ended up spending $5k to have my ‘04 GT completely disassembled and repainted. Probably wasn’t a smart financial move since the paint was almost more than the car is worth, but oh well. It turned out amazing and the car is show quality now.
    234BB32D-9F43-4066-B261-6BBC906C0C9A.jpg
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Too bad that you aren't in my area. My black '17 GT had 4571 miles on it when I traded it in.

Your car looks great but I'd like to see more pics and more close up.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Rick my friend, I LOVE it!!!! Hope you enjoy it!!
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

"Someday I might actually grow up?????????"

Why in the hell would you want to do that....hehehehe

I am so happy for you my friend!
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu