Thread: Chicago Drum Show a GO

User Info Menu

Default Chicago Drum Show a GO

From a post on Facebook:

The folks at the Kane County Fairgrounds tell me that we are a go for the drum show in May. They have been in close contact with the local health department (providing them space for testing) and have again started holding events at the fairgrounds. (Some of them much larger than the drum show.) We of course urge all exhibitors and attendees to be careful, take all of the normal precautions, and get your vaccinations if possible.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Chicago Drum Show a GO

seriously!! i'm in. I miss the chicago drum show!

User Info Menu

I’m in too. Not seeing a drum star lineup though for shows, etc. Just all of the exhibitors so far.
    May 15th and 16th. (Sat. & Sun.)
    I’m glad it’s in Kane Co. again.
    (St. Charles, IL) Half hr. away from me.

User Info Menu

No clinics or master classes will be at the show this year.

User Info Menu

Being there are no clinics, I may not go this year. If I do, it’s to purchase, if I find, a vintage snare drum part.
    Because of no clinics, they should charge less than their $20 entrance fee IMO. They used to let you go both days if you pay a $30 fee the first day. That ended a while back.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 03-12-2021 at 04:17 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Because of no clinics, they should charge less than their $20 entrance fee IMO.
    I agree. Seems only fair.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Being there are no clinics, I may not go this year. If I do, it’s to purchase, if I find, a vintage snare drum part.
    Because of no clinics, they should charge less than their $20 entrance fee IMO. They used to let you go both days if you pay a $30 fee the first day. That ended a while back.
    You might be better off at the Memphis Drum Shop...……...no entry fee either.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    You might be better off at the Memphis Drum Shop...……...no entry fee either.
    Isn’t that just a music store?

User Info Menu

GC is almost just a music store.
    MDS is an exceptional drum shop, as is Fork's.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I made the trip to MDS recently. My wife confiscated my debit card as soon as I walked through the door. ����
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

I had a late rehearsal Friday night, stopped for something to eat and didn't get home until one thirty in the morning. Saturday I got up and scrambled to get my weekend chores done.

Three in the afternoon I got in the car and drove to the Chicago Drum Show. (I live in Pittsburgh.)

It was great to catch up with some old friends, check out some gear, and see some of the drumming community in person.
    (It's been too long.)

I've been attending the Chicago Drum Show most years since I retired in 2009. It's got to be a monster undertaking to put on something like that year after year. Rob Cook deserves a shout out for all that he does for the drumming community, and in particular, for putting on the show when we needed it most.

I got home yesterday, I'm still a little tired, but I have a smile on my face.
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

my drummer friend bailed on me early Sunday morning so I didn't go... didn't want to make the drive and trip alone... so lonely