Thread: The Shot

User Info Menu

Default The Shot

I got my Covid 19 vaccine shot today. I would strongly suggest getting it. That crap is still out there and it has killed (the last time I looked) 524K Americans.

I know that a lot of people said they weren't going to get it but it's free and why take a chance when it is the light at the end of the tunnel.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Shot

I’m struggling with the decision to get it. The reason why is lack of significant testing. Why does that bother me? I’m a type one diabetic because of the anthrax vaccine from my time in the Army. It his me two years after I got the vaccination. I worry about the long term issues people may have from this vaccine because of that.

At the same time, I am hopeful that everything will be just fine and it will legitimately work for people. I guess I’m just a little gun shy because of my experience mentioned above.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

wow I remember when this would have been flagged and removed as controversial? Guess it is still early though. Congrats on the shot my friend. No more covid worries for you. Unless of course there is a few people who do not get it, than it is completely useless.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I’ve received my 2nd Moderna. No side effects.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    I’m struggling with the decision to get it. The reason why is lack of significant testing. Why does that bother me? I’m a type one diabetic because of the anthrax vaccine from my time in the Army. It his me two years after I got the vaccination. I worry about the long term issues people may have from this vaccine because of that.

At the same time, I am hopeful that everything will be just fine and it will legitimately work for people. I guess I’m just a little gun shy because of my experience mentioned above.
    DW, when I was waiting for my shot, I was talking to a retired Army Vet. We were just BS'ing about the old days when they called him up to the counter for some routine questions. I heard him say that he was diabetic. I DO NOT know what type he had but it didn't appear to bother the pharmacist at all.

That was just a partial conversation that I overheard which doesn't mean much as to the particular type he has but he did get the shot. They asked us to stay around for 15 minutes, probably a "just in case" thing.

DW, go talk to your doctor and find out for sure. I think you will be just fine.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    I’ve received my 2nd Moderna. No side effects.
    I got the shot that is1 and done. No second shot for me.

VAE VICTIS

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

My 82 year old mother has had both doses of the vaccine and has had absolutely NO SIDE EFFECTS. We are planning on getting the vaccine as soon as it is available for our age group.

User Info Menu

Sorry guys, but yes this is indeed very controversial. Because it was tied to politics in the last administration, this is unfortunately a very divisive issue and we'd rather avoid it. Thanks for understanding.